Search Unity

Resolved Audio sources not playing

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by seejayjames, Aug 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seejayjames

seejayjames

In a project I've been working on, suddenly no AudioSource will make sound, whether it's called by script or I set Play on Awake and Loop to true. I've removed them and put them back, assigned the clips, nothing. The clips preview fine in the Inspector. If I add an AudioSource in a different scene it works. AudioSources in other projects work fine. This literally happened just now, everything was fine yesterday...

Is there a setting somewhere I should look at? The Audio Project settings are all default (Disable Unity Audio is of course unchecked). AudioListener is on the main camera and is active. Mute Audio is unchecked. Some kind of corrupt preference somewhere? Should I copy everything to a new project? This makes no sense...why does it not work in that specific scene? Thanks for any insight, I'm tearing my hair out...

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  2. Brathnann

Brathnann

If it's not working in editor, make sure you didn't accidentally mute your game.

upload_2020-8-14_15-38-6.png

SamohtVII, G_hi3, haardyy3 and 11 others like this.
  3. seejayjames

seejayjames

Never mind, it seems to have fixed itself. Not sure what I did. Something was screwy with the initial state of the AudioSources while my main script was active. If I disabled an AudioSource and then re-enabled, it would play. Very strange and a possible bug, but the script is pretty complex so I don't think I could nail it down. Anyways, thanks all.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. seejayjames

seejayjames

Oops, been editing the same post as I made progress, I should just reply so the thread is all there. Will do next time.

5. arkenstn

arkenstn

6. HammadShah01

HammadShah01

Thankyou sooooooooo much bro... Savior

7. pawaleomkar86

pawaleomkar86

Thanks man !!! i spend a lot time changing code and settings ... you were saviour

8. RockStar89

RockStar89

@Brathnann Lol - I muted my game in the inspector. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.