Search Unity

Audio Audio source 3d sound distance calc possible in local space?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by FirstTimeCreator, Feb 18, 2018.

1. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

I noticed the audio sources calculating distances in world space which presents a problem for me since the player controller is inside of a moving space ship.

I don't any apparent way to change it but I would like to know if there is a way to get audio sources 3d sound settings to calculate distance within the local space it is parented under. It's abit messy but at least I could make it work if I parent them under the same parent as the PC.

Essentially I am needing 3d audio to work in a local space because the PC is inside a local space that is moving, at extremely fast speeds and I am using floating origin.

I can floatO every frame but that can create other issues, fixes it creates other issues lol.

I am not ready to show anyone this yet but I am putting the finishing touches on ship interior animations ect and noticed it during testing.

https://www.facebook.com/galacticarmadagame/
    I will be posting a video demonstration here tomorrow, demonstrating ARCBot.

An acronym for an extremely sophisticated scalable collision avoidance system I have created for the game along with many other things. With the launch of the video a download of the current build will be made available as well and a crowd funding campaigns launched.

Thanks,
    Johnny

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018