Search Unity

Question Audio recording issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Pixie40, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Pixie40

Pixie40

So, I've finally figured out various things... Still working on figuring out animation, but I'm taking a break from that. Since I just got in a good quality headset/microphone (and found my old lower quality Logitech one) I figured I'd record some stock audio files for male grunts, groans, and screams. I'm using the new one since to be honest, the audio quality is a lot better. But I've come across a bit of an issue. Even when I made the "impact grunt" recording via actually hitting myself in the stomach hard and recording the quite real grunt that resulted (ow, maybe not a good idea) it still doesn't sound right on playback. There's a quite breathy trailing off at the end that sounds like someone saying "ffffth" Or it comes out sounding like someone actually said "ooph".

Any tips for how to record decent sound clips for 'unconscious grunts and groans' that don't sound like someone reading a script or like a balloon releasing it's air content over a half second?

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Did you edit your source file so that it fades out at the end?
    This sounds like a sound editing issue, not a Unity audio playback issue.

3. Pixie40

Pixie40

Uh... How the frell do you do that? I am 100% completely new to audio editing to the point where I don't know what (free or cheep) software is available to do so. I'm making the audio files in the Voice Recorder app that comes with Windows 10.

EDIT: I haven't even gotten to the point of trying to use the audio files in Unity, because when I listen to them after recording, it sounds off.

4. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Try Audacity on Windows

5. toxejep219

toxejep219

Try Audacity.