Search Unity

Audio Random Dropout in Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by rrabassa, Jan 8, 2018.

1. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello,

Every so often, Audio in my timelines does not play. Audio outside the timeline (managed by scripts etc) still work fine. The only way to get the audio back is to restart unity.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    rich

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

Yeah I think audio is bugged in Timeline, I can't even get an Audio Clip to play, so you're at least lucky it can at least work sometimes lol..

So my work around is - make a gameobject with only an audio source on it, then make an activate track on Timeline and just turn the sounds on that I need, then turn them off after activate track is done.

3. rrabassa

rrabassa

I can hear the clips in play mode, but every so often even that stops working until I restart unity.

4. rrabassa

rrabassa

Also in play mode, I can click on the timeline and work/edit the Timeline to a certain degree which is pretty cool.

Cazbot likes this.
  5. Cazbot

Cazbot

Yeah I literally JUST found this bug out, I guess it's pretty new though. But it wasn't just my audio that dropped out, some of the LookAt targets in disappeared as well. I do have a lot of things on one time line though and it is responsible for all of the directing, don't know if there is any correlation or not.

6. rrabassa

rrabassa

Lookat Targets in your VM Cameras? I had the same issue.