Search Unity

Audio playing with a delay, or not at all

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by FloopyBooner, Dec 9, 2014.

1. FloopyBooner

FloopyBooner

Hey everyone, I'm working on a game currently and I'm having some issues with sound effects. In one of my objects, a button, there are two sounds: One for a portal to open and one for the switch being pushed. In the code, I explicitly have the switch noise being ran first, then the portal sound. I mean, generally speaking they should play at basically the same time anyway, but for some reason, the portal sound plays first, then the switch noise happens afterwards, if at all. It seems like some of my sounds are being delayed by quite a large chunk, or just not playing at all sometimes. I've checked each sound file for blank space at the beginning and there isn't any.

This is unfortunately a project wide problem as well, button sounds, enemy sounds, death sounds, basically every sound in my game plays with this delay sometimes, and sometimes the sound is just not played at all.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I've tried everything I can think of and honestly have no iea what's causing this. Thank you.

2. FloopyBooner

FloopyBooner

Just figured I'd bump this to get any help I could.

3. FloopyBooner

FloopyBooner

Never mind, I touched nothing and it decided to fix itself. :p