Search Unity

Audio not playing through Bluetooth Headphones on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by saschka, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saschka

saschka

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure this out but can't seem to get a handle on it nor am I finding anything that solves it on the unity or Xcode forums.

Here's the situation : I've created a simple iOS app in unity that plays sounds from mp3's attached to audiosources that are set to be spacial and move around us.

I've published the app through xcode and everything seems to run fine, the sounds play perfectly through the speakers or through headphones if they connected via a wire.

But when I try to use bluetooth headphones the audio doesn't play through them, it just keeps playing through the speakers.

I tested the bluetooth headphones and they and the connection to the phone work in iOS and in other apps. It is just my app that seem to just not want to pipe the audio into the bluetooth headphones.

Any idea what this could be? Is it unity or xcode? I can't make heads or tails of it since weeks.

Thank you all so much,
    Saschka

AdamBebko likes this.
  2. AMA_MR

AMA_MR

3. saschka

saschka

That fixed it for me, thank you! (With Unity 2018.2.6f1 and Xcode 9.4.1)

Though I wish bluetooth audio would just work out of the box from Unity, I mean having to dive into xCode is kinda absurd...

AMA_MR likes this.
  4. Altenburger

Altenburger

5. Dioinecail

Dioinecail

i've left a comment under the answer there, it should work now if you correctly do what is told in the answer, but it's kind of confusing on where to put the code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.