Search Unity

Audio mutes when receiving notification/call

Discussion in 'Android' started by cloudcamaleoniv, Jun 19, 2016.

1. cloudcamaleoniv

cloudcamaleoniv

So, when anything external to the app happens, the Audio gets muted forever. The only way to recover the sound is restarting the app.

If you receive a call - it mutes forever
    If you receive a messenger notification - it mutes forever.
    If you see and Ad - it mutes forever
    and so on

This was NOT happening on Unity 5.1.3f1, but when I upgraded it to Unity 5.3.5f1 it happens everytime.

Notice that it's not all android devices that it happens. In fact, I discovered only two of them that this happens, but there are probably more.

If this is a known issue and you guys know how to fix it, it will be a huge help. If no one knows what this error is about, I post some hardware details about the devices I've encountered this issue.

Thanks

2. liortal

liortal

We also saw this when upgrading from 5.3.4p1 to 5.3.5p1.

Unfortunately this issue, along with other audio related issues, prevented us from upgrading to that version.

3. cloudcamaleoniv

cloudcamaleoniv

So guys, it seems that 5.3.5p4 fixed that. I installed it and the issue went away. I haven't tested in many devices yet, but the ones that had this problem, now doesn't have anymore.

MrEsquire likes this.
  4. robson_depaula

robson_depaula

Hello, I think it was partially fixed.

If you slide down the Android status bar and start playing music, the game mutes forever.

One of my Unity android apps is a launcher, if the launcher is the device default. The app is muted forever after a reboot.

Both scenarios worked fine on 5.3.4.