Search Unity

Audio (looped music) performance issue, random skips/stuttering sound

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Memosis, Jul 23, 2013.

1. TriplePAF

TriplePAF

I created a stripped project which contains the audio and some graphical effects. The audio in this stripped project is ok (no stutters).

My conclusion: The problem seems only to appear with some more load on the CPU and I'm have no clue how to simulate a realistic CPU load behaviour.

If you still wan't to have it for testing purposes I can create a bug report and let the Unity program upload the project.

Please let me know.

Peter.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Yes, please unload the unstripped project!

3. Christopher Simon

Christopher Simon

I did a test on my Nokia Lumia 521 with WP 8.1 Dev version, (8.10.12397.895 For those of us who are keeping track ;)) and I'm still getting audio errors on the debug and release builds. On the master build, the audio is working much better in comparison and the glitches are almost nonexistent.

Aside from this, some white noise audio seems to be playing throughout the lifetime of my app, even when sounds are not playing at all. Is anyone else having this issue in their compilations?

4. zuzzu

zuzzu

Are there any updates on this issue? I can also upload some project for you guys, if you still can't reproduce this issue. It is very annoying to hear these glitches.

Yes! I was going to report that issue soon. My two cents:
    1. I hear this in all Unity apps from the Windows Phone store I've tested. It's not a problem unique to my apps.
    2. It happens on both Lumia 520 I own. I can't confirm, if that happens on other devices.
    3. I think it has a constant volume. It doesn't matter, if my phone volume setting is set to 1 or 30. Because of that, it is easiest to hear with vol 1 as game music is quiet then and this noise is loud. If you are in quiet, closed room it is very loud.
    4. Taking above into consideration I've thought that the speaker may not be this sound source, but it is not hearable with volume set to 0 and after I took the back panel off I've confirmed that this sound probably comes from the speaker.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

A repro is always welcome :).

6. zuzzu

zuzzu

Sure. I will send you repros after the contest.

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

8. Nolex

Nolex

Any news? I have a same problem in 2017 :)

Lumia 520 (WP 8.1)
    Audio - Stream from disk
    Unity 5.4.3 - Master Configuration.

UPDATE. I set audio to "Compressed in memory" and the lags is gone!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017