Search Unity

Audio Audio levels are very different in the engine during play mod vs built game

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hubertcebula, Mar 13, 2023.

1. hubertcebula

hubertcebula

Hey

So I'm working on a game with my company, and I'm using the in built unity audio mixer for mixing the sounds and routing. The problem is that the mixes sound waaaaay off in the built game (Windows 64) than in the unity engine on the play mode.

1. The sounds are way louder, to the point of a heavy distortion

2. The balance of individual tracks is off.
    Dunno if my thinking is right, but maybe the building process doesn't read the audio mixer right, or completely skips it, and uses the levels from the audio clips themselves.

Has anybody encountered this issue before? I have dug thru the internet for three hours with no help.

2. Homicide

Homicide

This can't really be the case - as i use mixers in everything i do, and really have no problem with the mixer doing what it should, by default on launch (stand alone) to all the volume control offered through the settings UI. It seems ok to me, so i assume your issue must stem from somewhere else. GL.

SeventhString likes this.
  3. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

Are you using exposed parameters for mixer values? If so you might want to be sure that everything on that side is properly managed. Like @Homicide says, the mixer generally works fine, even though it might not be the best in the market.

Godspeed!

Homicide likes this.
  4. hubertcebula

hubertcebula

Yes, indeed we are using exposed parameters. I just made build without them and seems to be working fine. Also, just spoke to my programmer and he told me, that probably the value of them is '1' which equals to +20dbs, hence the distortion. The tracks had different values, hence the differences in the mix.

Thanks a lot SeventhString! Much appriciated.

SeventhString likes this.