Search Unity

audio import settings - no 3d?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by diegzumillo, Mar 4, 2015.

1. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Hi all

Maybe things have shifted around un Unity 5, but I can't find where to set an audio source as 3d. It used to be in import settings but now there are very few options there.

2. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Spatial Blend - just found another thread asking the same thing. I can tell we are going to see many threads like this :p

3. ippdev

ippdev

My soundtrack stayed as 2D..I think..it is the dominant sound no whereas before they were all well balanced. My other sounds that were 2D are now 3D and cannot be heard. I want them 2D. A quick scan of the manual shows that much of the Audio was not updated to reflect 5.

edit.. Spatial Blend in the AudioSource was the ticket.

4. HelloMeow

HelloMeow

Yeah, the spatial blend feature caused some confusion for me as well. Maybe 2d sounds should automatically have spatial blend set to 0 when a project is converted?

5. jerotas

jerotas

That idea isn't any better than how it is now. It still screws up a large number of people. If they can look at the Audio Clip's settings in the Audio Source and set the Spatial Blend accordingly, that would be correct every time.

They shouldn't have to make the choice of "screw over the 2d folks" vs "screw over the 3d folks", although they've already done it and chose to screw the 2d folks it seems :)