Search Unity

Bug Audio Doesn't Grow Louder or Quieter (Unity Spatial Blend)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TOCC_capy, Mar 12, 2023.

1. TOCC_capy

TOCC_capy

I'm having a problem where whenever my player (the audio listener) gets closer to an object with an audio source component and spatial blend mode set all the way to 3D, the graph on the object shows the audio listener margin doesn't move when the player gets closer to the audio source. Therefore, the volume of the audio stays the same even though the spatial blend mode is set to 3D. Please help, been having this problem for days now. And yes, I only have one audio listener in the scene.

2. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

Could you share a screenshot of you AudioSource inspector, especially the low part with the rolloff graphs? Thanks!

3. TOCC_capy

TOCC_capy

This is the inspector window for the object:

Attached Files:

4. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

Ok everything seems alright there...
    Quickly I want to note that the 3D settings has nothing to do with the volume. 3D audio is about the sound coming from the left or right ear and with what nuances.
    The fact that your graph does not show the listener coming closer denotes that the AudioListener's position might not be moving with your character or camera.
    Can you check if the object owning the listener is really a child of either the player or camera object?

5. TOCC_capy

TOCC_capy

Yes, I checked multiple times before even creating this thread.

6. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

Ok. The best thing then would be that you provide a minimal project isolating this issue and submit a bug report if the issue persists.