Search Unity

Audio Clip Import Crash

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Ibzy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ibzy

Ibzy

I've searched and found some posts relating to this issue, but none match my situation/error from what I can find.

I'm running Unity 5.2.2f1 x64 on Windows 10 (64-bit) and each time I try to import an audio clip into the project the editor crashes and creates a "default asset" telling me to re-import (which does the same thing over again).

I also get a series of errors relating to FMOD but these do not currently cause me an issue (unless these 2 things are linked?)

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

When it crashes could you submit a bug report and post the number here please.

3. Ibzy

Ibzy

I get an error message "Host editorbugs.unity3d.com not found" when I try to submit a bug report. I assume this is related to the connection troubles I had when adding my licence (free)?

4. Aurore

Aurore

Ah, really sorry about that, we're in the process of upgrading our server connections so it's occasionally down. Please try again a bit later.

5. Ibzy

Ibzy

I will try again when I get home (about 1.5hours) hopefully it's back up for me by then :)

6. Ibzy

Ibzy

Hi, I'm still getting the same error. seems no matter when I try I get this problem. Is there a way I can package the project and send it another way?

7. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Yep! The Bug Reporter has a .exe in the same folder as the Unity Engine .exe :) Just export the project as a Unity package and attach it. :) Thank you so much for your help!

8. Ibzy

Ibzy

Hi Hollie,

I'm afraid I get the host error message when trying to submit the big this way too - any other options?

Thanks

9. Aurore

Aurore

Really sorry to say that you need to keep trying, our bug server is active intermittently and we can't predict when it will be active. I can see you're online now and right now it's up.

If it's still failing, post the specific errors you are seeing, i.e. the default asset one and the FMOD error you had, we'll try and look into it.

10. Ibzy

Ibzy

Unfortunately for the next 3.5 hours I'm away from the offending machine. I will try again later every 10 mins or so, but if I still have no luck by the end of the evening I'll go get Unreal Engine. Joking! I'll post the exact errors if I've no luck.

Thanks

Aurore likes this.
  11. Aurore

Aurore

Cool :) Again, really sorry about the issues we're having with our system!

12. Ibzy

Ibzy

Well, still no luck, so below error messages:

A default asset was created for 'Assets/Sounds/torchClick.wav' because the asset importer crashed on it last time.
    You can select the asset and use the 'Assets -> Reimport' menu command to try importing it again, or you can replace the asset and it will auto import again. - When I do this it crashes and brings the bug reporter up, no message.

And now the long list of other errors which weren't troubling anything:
    Socket: unable to create socket, error: The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.
    (0)
    Socket: set reusable addr failed, error: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
    (0)
    Socket: unable to create socket, error: The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.
    (0)
    Socket: set reusable addr failed, error: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
    (0)
    (0)
    (0)
    failed to set blocking mode
    Failed to setup multicast socket for player connection.
    Socket: bind failed, error: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
    (0)
    Unable to join player connection multicast group.
    Failed to setup alternative multicast socket for player connection.
    Socket: bind failed, error: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
    (0)
    Unable to join player connection alternative multicast group.
    FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output.
    FMOD failed to initialize ... Not enough memory or resources.
    Instantiation of FMOD effect type 3 failed
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:SetLoadedEditorAssemblies(Assembly[])
    Instantiation of FMOD effect type 5 failed
    Instantiation of FMOD effect type 6 failed
    Instantiation of FMOD effect type 7 failed

...and so on for most numbers until effect type 22.

These ones were appearing as soon as a blank project was created.

Thanks

13. wkaj

wkaj

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with your windows install?

FMOD needs to initialise to be able to import audio clips, and from this error:

"FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output.
    FMOD failed to initialize ... Not enough memory or resources"

It appears that there is something really going wrong under the hood.

Do you have this issue on other machines?

Cheers

holliebuckets likes this.
  14. Ibzy

Ibzy

Hi,

I don't develop on any other machines haha. I didn't have any problems before upgrading to Windows 10. When I did, I had to then upgrade to Unity 5.2 in order to be able to register my license...which had to be done in an offline method as it wouldn't allow me to log in.

So to me it seems like a Windows 10 compatibility issue maybe? I have followed various tutorials on upgrading audio drivers and such but to no avail.

Thanks

15. wkaj

wkaj

Unity Technologies

Are you able to play sound through other applications?
    Are you using libraries such as asio which put the sound card into exclusive mode?

16. Ibzy

Ibzy

This is the first audio-related issue I have had. I play games, watch youtube videos, etc all on the same machine with no issues at all.

I dont use any third party audio software other than the Realtek HD software that came with the motherboard, and that never caused any issues bakc on WIn 7.

17. Ibzy

Ibzy

Ok, so I have completely removed Unity and reinstalled it with no luck. I will try installing 32bit later to see if its a 64bit issue.

18. Ibzy

Ibzy

Unity 32-Bit (after some hunting for it) has been installed and HURRAH! Seems to be an issue with the 64-bit installer.

All good now - thanks for your help. Solution posted to help any others with my troubles.

19. Pracedru

Pracedru