Search Unity

Aubergines Water Shaders

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Dec 2, 2012.

1. aubergine

aubergine

This package is on todays 24 hour deal. Grab the most effective water shader package while you can for 50% off.

2. shwa

shwa

you mentioned before that owners of the aubergine shader pack already have this water shader. please post the link to the shader pack, asap, as i'm not sure if i already bought it.

3. shwa

shwa

are there any web demos that show this shader in action?

4. aubergine

aubergine

Not at the moment, i was moving my website and lost the old demos and images in the meantime.

Thing is, the deal was successful, and i began working on the next update with better demo.

5. aubergine

aubergine

Final update for Unity 4.x is ready, with bug fixes and mostly optimisations with small new features.
    From now on, new updates will continue as TOZ Water Shaders for Unity 5.x as a new product (Soon to be released).

You will be able to upgrade for a small fee.

6. aubergine

aubergine

7. aubergine

aubergine

8. methano

methano

Hi, I've got the Unity 4 shaders. I've applied the Pro/Super/SoftEdges/FlowSpec shader to a 3d cylinder that is animated and deformed moving through a pipe. The shader looks great except I am having clipping problems. There is a free camera in the scene and as the camera changes viewing angles you can see through geometry that is meant to appear solid. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Attached Files:

9. aubergine

aubergine

Hello methano, sorry for late reply. I was abroad without internet.
    Are you Joss from reflection designs? Is this about the custom pipe shader we did for your Project?

If you are not "Joss", nevermind :) You are lucky that i did a cylindrical pipe water Project for someone and i think your pipe water problem is exactly the same thing as seen in the below photo.

unnamed.png

If you want the above custom work, just pm me. If you want to solve it with the current shader pack, you just need to adjust your pivot point for the water mesh accordingly to a point where no clipping will ocur.

10. methano

methano

Hi thanks for the reply, no apologies necessary. This asset was made in 3ds Max. In general, should the pivot be moved away from the rest of the pipe geometry?

11. methano

methano

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am not Joss- our projects do sound similar though and the pipe cutaway is essentially the same as what I am doing. I like the look of the water in the picture you posted. My clients are engineers and they are interested in seeing the correct water flow direction explicitly depicted. Any cool suggestions?
    Thanks

12. aubergine

aubergine

I suppose your pipe is also made of segments. Please send me a segment model so I can check it out.

13. methano

methano

Thanks for the offer. I'm interested in your thoughts. I can DropBox you an .fbx and even the Unity build; but I don't know your e-mail. I looked at contact through TOZTAS.com. Admittedly, I'm not sure how to private message you. Our final result for the simplest tube was using a very simple shader ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/6643) that lacked the realism and sophistication of yours but illustrated the direction of flow enough to make the client satisfied.
    However, I'm trying to imagine how we're going to show directional flow in a single pass heat exchanger http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Straight-tube_heat_exchanger_1-pass.PNG and eventually a double pass design. The shader I used last restricts texture transformation to either x or y but these upcoming pipe simulations will eventually require more precise demonstrations. I like your flow map feature but ran out of time experimenting with it before I could easily set something up.
    Looking at your image; another thing I like is that there is no bumpiness on the side of the water cylinder volume. This seems accurate to me considering that the volume of water would be pressed up against the side of the pipe and filled in leaving no room for noise on the surface; maybe some on the top.-So I was imagining how to modify your normal map in Photoshop to smooth out details in some spots so our water mesh would have a similar look- but again my time was cut short.
    Lastly, if you do ever manage to look at our project, don't put yourself out. Just satisfy your own curiosity. I think real-time fluid simulations in a game engine are more interesting than baked in approaches like p-flow. No doubt your super busy like everyone and there's no telling what these clients of ours will want. Sometimes people are really fickle and much of the time they will never appreciate hard work spent on subtle refinements.

14. aubergine

aubergine

Well, i got your e-mail but was just too lazy to write an answer from the phones tiny keyboard. You can send the fbx file to the same email unity (at) toztas dot com

Directional flow thing is easy in most cases, but i need to see your tube model first before i can give you any ideas.
    Finally, ill need to know your target platform, the above was for a mobile augmented reality application, so it has limited features. If you target a pc or something, we can do much better.

About the sides of the tube, there are 2 different shaders there 1 for the front, 1 for the sides.

Waiting your model.

15. methano

methano

Well for now the target platform is pc, at least as far as I know.

16. aubergine

aubergine

Now you can upgrade your pack to TOZ Water Shaders for Unity 5.x for only 20$
    (Upgrade is free if purchased after approx.: Apr 15, 2015)

17. katebalasaheb

katebalasaheb

18. katebalasaheb

katebalasaheb

i want custom work you did .