Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Aubergines PostPRocess Effects Released in Assetstore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Alienchild

Alienchild

Any chance of adding snow/melting effects? I imagine something like the raindrop effect except with a snow texture (not full screen, but say maybe 256x256) popping up somewhere on the camera (random position), then just fading out over time. Maybe we could control the amount of snow flakes on screen (intensity), as well as the fadeout time?

2. aubergine

aubergine

You mean like snow on a cars windshield? I may try that this weekend.

3. MrBurns

MrBurns

I am also curios about the "real" sin city effect which is on a per object basis... I would do it like that:
    1) Render the scene, without these special objects, with grayscale effect as shown ^^
    2) Now render each object that shall have color on it, and only these, into a second render texture with depth
    about point 3) i am not quite sure if there is a better way: Use a special shader and Graphics.Blit to render the final image. This shader would now use stage 1) and replace it with color of stage 2) if the depth value is greaterEqual or maybe even add a small value on top of the second stage to be sure that objects are really occluded...

Now this should work, what do you think? Maybe I will try it later on... The SinCity effect might actually add a real mood to scary scenes ;)

PS: Nice effect package BTW

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  4. Alienchild

Alienchild

Yes exactly. And if you want to get real funky, make it possible to fade from one texture to another (snow to water droplets) before it completely dissolves ;)

5. Alienchild

Alienchild

Imagine a haunted house type of game where a ghost slowly enters a room rather discreetly - if the player hovers the mouse center over it (with a flashlight or something - JUST 0.2 sec after the player have already noticed the ghost, you flip on the SinCity effect together with a low boom-bass sound and a low hissing noise filter... then fade quickly from SinCity back to normal.

... I want to make a horror game :(

6. aubergine

aubergine

Alienchild; im sorry but there doesnt seem an easy and optimal way of doing the "snow shader", it would be much easier to do that with some textures randomly pasted on screen rather than a post processing shader.

7. aubergine

aubergine

Version 1.8 is submitted with 3 additional shaders. You can download it from the store as soon as its approved.
    I also had to raise the price back to what the package is actually worth.

8. aubergine

aubergine

Version 1.9 submitted with additional shaders.
    One of them is GODRAYS, which has 3 usages as godrays, bloom and sort of fake hdr. I personally like to use it alot.

Now there are atleast 36-37 different effects in this pack which you can use in combination to create hundreds of new effects.

9. aubergine

aubergine

I recently watched the good old movie "The Abyss" again and got inspired to do the below alien vision effect.
    This will be in the next update.

Attached Files:

10. aubergine

aubergine

2.0 Version submitted to asset store. The pack now includes 41 different effects!!

11. Zyxil

Zyxil

Purchased! Excellent work!

I noticed on webplayer demo that the raindrops effect that there's a hard horizontal edge visible where the texture seam is showing. I haven't checked the download yet.

12. aubergine

aubergine

Thank you for the purchase.

The horizontal edge shows, because the texture is not seamless. It is just a sample to show what it should look like.
    I will try to fix it.

13. aubergine

aubergine

Updated the pack with a small bugfix.

14. aubergine

aubergine

The WEB PLAYER has been updated to show all the new additions to the pack. You can now review the whole 41 shaders in this demo.

15. aubergine

aubergine

Here is the newest addition "Holywood Night" post process effect from NVidia. It will be added to the pack in the next update. (Transition from original to the night image is adjustable)

Attached Files:

• $1.jpg
      $1.jpg
      File size:
      47.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello, i would buy these post effects for iOs pro.
    Anyone have tried these post effects with iPhone or iPAd?

Thank you.

17. aubergine

aubergine

If you are able to run unity provided image effects on iOS, then these shaders will also work with it.

18. aubergine

aubergine

Final release (v2.1) submitted to asset store with holywood night shader included.

Decreased the price permanently to 25$

19. aubergine

aubergine

Just decided to add one last shader to this pack.

Cheap but effective volumetric light shafts, i will update the pack with this addition after i tweak it alittle bit more. It is more fun to watch when the crank is animated though.

Attached Files:

20. aubergine

aubergine

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  21. aubergine

aubergine

Well, i was planning to stop adding shaders to this pack. But here is one more (actually 5 more).
    Sketch&Sobel Outline shader, will be added to the pack in the next update.

Attached Files:

• $1.png
      $1.png
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
    • $2.png
      $2.png
      File size:
      19.3 KB
      Views:
    • $3.png
      $3.png
      File size:
      42.2 KB
      Views:
    • $4.png
      $4.png
      File size:
      38.4 KB
      Views:
    • $5.png
      $5.png
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  22. parnell

parnell

Can't wait to get this once I get pro:)

23. Andrew_atl

Andrew_atl

That link doesn't seem to work, it goes to Word Press installation.

24. aubergine

aubergine

Yes, im sorry about this. Web host provider says they had an Hdd crash. Twice!! But they also say they have recent backups. So im waiting for them to fix the thing.

If not ill upload the whole thing to somewhere else.

25. aubergine

aubergine

3 More effects will be added in the next update together with the above outline shaders.
    1-Camera horizontal lines for security cameras and stuff (everything is adjustable, i exaggrated the lines in this photo)
    2-Black&white (middle grey is adjustable so you decide what is black and what is white)
    3-Color blind lightwave thingy.

Attached Files:

• $1.jpg
      $1.jpg
      File size:
      23.2 KB
      Views:
    • $2.jpg
      $2.jpg
      File size:
      6 KB
      Views:
    • $3.jpg
      $3.jpg
      File size:
      8.1 KB
      Views:
  26. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted v2.3 with the above 3 effects to the assetstore, except the outline shaders. I will add them next week.
    Pack contains 46 shaders now.

27. aubergine

aubergine

Realistic Fake HDR will also be added to next update.
    1st photo normal scene, 2nd photo with HDR.

Attached Files:

• $1.png
      $1.png
      File size:
      194.2 KB
      Views:
    • $2.png
      $2.png
      File size:
      299.9 KB
      Views:
  28. dead1ock

dead1ock

If only I had Pro :-(

I'm thinking about starting my Pro trial soon, these should work no issue if I purchase them just to try them out?

29. aubergine

aubergine

Pro trial enables every pro feature. So it will work and you will be able to try out.
    Just wait a few days more until i update the pack with additional SSAO Without Depth image (For Mobile Platforms)

You can see the generated mask image below, which is constructed from scene buffer. Mathematically heavy but still faster than the need for a depth buffer.

Attached Files:

• $3.png
      $3.png
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
  30. dead1ock

dead1ock

Awesome.

It's going to be a few more months before I'm ready to start my pro trial, because I'm working on getting the basics of my game setup, but in the end my idea is going to be heavily dependent on post-processing effects.

Keep up the good work! :)

31. Dabeh

Dabeh

Are you ever going to stop adding stuff!? I swear a couple posts back you said this was your last. Are you addicted and keep thinking of new ideas :p?

32. aubergine

aubergine

Hehe, i got out of ideas when i mentioned it was the last. Meanwhile new ideas popped up :p
    Anyhow, these are the limits of unity3d's shader capacity now and i believe i have added 99% of what new games use into this pack.
    I think these will be the last additions.

33. aubergine

aubergine

Submitted the new update 2.4 with HDR and 7 different versions of Sobeledge, so it is a total of 54 different shaders now.
    I wont be adding Fake SSAO to this pack as it doesnt give good results.

Allright, this is the final release then. I wont be adding new shaders to this pack. The only update will be IF something gets broken with the upcoming unity 3.5 update.

Now, give me all your money!!

34. aubergine

aubergine

Bump!!!

35. aubergine

aubergine

Well, i never had the artistic skills to advertise these shaders. And without all those skills, here is how an awesome visual impact these shaders add to my bootcamp:

Original image:

Soft HDR:

Hard HDR:

Inverse HDR:

Godrays + Inverse HDR:

36. badawe

badawe

Hey @Aubergine i do the update and i get a lot of errors =/

Code (csharp):
    2. Material 'Hidden/Aubergine/Pencil' doesn't have a texture property '_PencilTex'
    3. UnityEngine.Material:SetTexture(String, Texture)
    4. PP_Pencil:Awake() (at Assets/Aubergines PostProcess Effects/PostProcessShaders/PP_Pencil.cs:14)
    6. Material 'Hidden/Aubergine/ThermalVisionV2' doesn't have a texture property '_ThermalTex'
    7. UnityEngine.Material:SetTexture(String, Texture)
    8. PP_ThermalVisionV2:Awake() (at Assets/Aubergines PostProcess Effects/PostProcessShaders/PP_ThermalVisionV2.cs:16)
    10. Material 'Hidden/Aubergine/ThermalVisionV2' doesn't have a texture property '_NoiseTex'
    11. UnityEngine.Material:SetTexture(String, Texture)
    12. PP_ThermalVisionV2:Awake() (at Assets/Aubergines PostProcess Effects/PostProcessShaders/PP_ThermalVisionV2.cs:18)

37. aubergine

aubergine

Hello there,

This is still a beta release of 3.5 now and i will wait for the decent 3.5 release before i look into bug fixing.

Thanks for your patience.

38. badawe

badawe

But i'm using 3.4.2!

And i can't use any of the effects =/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  39. aubergine

aubergine

That is awkward. Can you please try with a fresh new project and import the package and see if it works?
    Also please check your build settings, is your target platform web or pc/mac?

40. badawe

badawe

In new project work, sorry about that, I gona double check my project.

41. badawe

badawe

Hey Aubergine, its possible apply one effect in a special camera? And this camera only render one specific layer?

42. aubergine

aubergine

Oh, allright then :)

Sure its possible, but what do you want to achieve in the end?

43. badawe

badawe

Something like that, i have a lot o characters on my screen, when they die, i change the layer for another one, so this layer will only have this dead enemies, and i have one camera wich i want to apply one effect, but only in dead ones, did you get it??

44. aubergine

aubergine

Well, that wont work straight ahead. You will need some customizations there. There are 3 solutions i can think of at the moment.
    1-The seperate camera(or main camera, depends how you want to do it) has to write on a render texture and a composition shader must blend the 2 outcome rendertextures of both cameras to screen. But this is the hard way.

2- Just like above, but you dont need an extra camera, your main camera should render the normal layers first without any effect and then dead bodies layer with the effect you want on top of the previous render. This will still double the draw calls just like using a second camera but easier to do than messing up with layers. However, there will be problems of depth here and dead bodies will be seen infront of everything.
    The solution for the depth problem is, rendering a 3rd time to make a mask to blend the above 2 renders. But now its tripple draw calls and i dont think you want that.

3-Using a replacement shader might be just easier to put an objectspace effect to dead bodies without the need of an extra camera.

Which effect you want to put on dead bodies? I can convert it to a replacement shader for you if its a reasonable and simple one.

45. aubergine

aubergine

Hello people,

I can confirm all the effects in this pack work with 3.5 upgrade as supposed to, even though there are some warning messages for some platforms(Flash).

Still, i will rewrite this package and take advantage of new changes of this 3.5 upgrade. That means, these effects probably will not work with previous versions anymore. So, if you want to use this pack with previous unity versions, i suggest you make a copy somewhere with the current version of this pack.

I will submit the new update next month (March)

Regards

46. Mishaps

Mishaps

Anybody had these working on iOS / iPhone / iPad?

47. aubergine

aubergine

I have no means to try these on mobile platforms, all i can say is, if the unity provided ones work on iOS then these also will work (Maybe not the complex ones though)

48. Mishaps

Mishaps

Thanks for the info Aubergine. If you ever make a mobile image-effects pack I'd definitely buy it.

49. aubergine

aubergine

I think i will, mobile platform seems a better market.

50. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I am interested in mobile shaders too and hope you will make some.