Search Unity

Question Attribution links

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by LayZ1307, Jul 25, 2022.

1. LayZ1307

LayZ1307

I'm trying to setup attribution links and want to know how to obtain these parameters...

af_siteid={source_app_id}
    advertising_id={ifa}
    gamer_id={gamer_id}

The source app id would be the game displaying my ad so its not making sense for me to set this parameter since it would be dynamic for the game currently displaying it, the advertising ID I'm assuming I should just be able to find on my google playstore developer account but not sure where... The gamer ID appears to be able to be found in the growth section of setting up my ads however I'm not sure where to find it.

2. JasmineS_Unity

JasmineS_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, {source_app_id}, {ifa} and {gamer_id} are dynamic tokens supported by UnityAds for passing info to MMP which in your case is AppsFlyer, hence advertisers should not manually modify the generated attribution URLs which are generated in the AppsFlyer dashboard, just paste the URLs in the campaign settings.

Kindly check out what these macros present in the below document:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/advertising/s2s-install-tracking

3. LayZ1307

LayZ1307

Once I add appflyers sdk to the scene and set it up, it looks like there isnt anything else to do for installs.

Do I just setup the sdk in the project and then do the attribution links and the installs will be logged without anything extra? I looked through their documentation and didnt see anything for coding the installs.

4. angeldevelopment

angeldevelopment

I leve these values blank and unity says that they do not support the advertising partner, but I am using appsflyer

5. angeldevelopment

angeldevelopment

Did you have any luck with this?

6. RD_Dev

RD_Dev

I've read a ton of documentation, but still haven't figured out what "af_siteid" is. Where can I get this ID? Is there an "Organization core ID" parameter in the Unity Ads User Acquisition ("settings") dashboard? Is this it?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  7. angeldevelopment

angeldevelopment

I ended up not even using any of those and got it to work, but attribution was a pain.