Search Unity

Bug Attribute "UpdateInGroup(typeof(FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup))" doen't work.

Discussion in 'NetCode for ECS' started by datne, Jun 19, 2022.

1. datne

datne

maybe there is a bug with physics update group in netcode. i tried PredictedPhysicsSystemGroup and it work. After that i tried FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup and the system just do nothing except call OnCreate Func.

2. CMarastoni

CMarastoni

Unity Technologies

The FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup update is called as usual on both client and on the server, unless something disable the group or set the RateManager to null (something we don't do).
    I actually verified my self in the PredictionSwitching test (that uses predicted physics).
    Are you having this problem on the server or the client?
    What queries your system have?
    Did you tried to put a breakpoint into the FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup.Update and check that this is actually called?
    Also, remember that if you are using PredictedPhysics, and if your system update inside the FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup and your system has a dependency (direct or indirect) to any of the Physics systems (Build, Export, Step etc etc) it will be moved in the PredictedPhysicsSystemGroup.
    As such, the system will not run until at least one predicted ghost is present in the world.

3. datne

datne

i realize that client world have to connect to server. if not the fixstepsiluationsystemgroup willnt be called.

4. CMarastoni

CMarastoni

Unity Technologies

please resolve the issue, since it is non issue :)

Occuros likes this.