Search Unity

Attempted to unregister already unregistered input channel

Discussion in 'Android' started by Wuzseen, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Wuzseen

Wuzseen

This issue is starting to get away from me and I think it might be a bug, but I'm not sure what the cause could be...

I'm doing some android builds and shortly after the Unity logo disappears and my scene starts to load for a couple seconds, then there's a crash.

Code (csharp):
    1. 02-25 20:51:01.834: W/ActivityManager(685):   Force finishing activity com.sweetroll.galactikitties/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity
    2. 02-25 20:51:01.854: W/InputDispatcher(685): channel '41fc3868 com.sweetroll.galactikitties/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred.  events=0x9
    3. 02-25 20:51:01.854: E/InputDispatcher(685): channel '41fc3868 com.sweetroll.galactikitties/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!
    4. 02-25 20:51:01.854: W/InputDispatcher(685): Attempted to unregister already unregistered input channel '41fc3868 com.sweetroll.galactikitties/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity (server)'
    5. 02-25 20:51:01.854: I/WindowState(685): WIN DEATH: Window{41fc3868 u0 com.sweetroll.galactikitties/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity}
    6. 02-25 20:51:01.864: I/WindowManager(685): Screenshot Window{41fc3868 u0 com.sweetroll.galactikitties/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity EXITING} was all black! mSurfaceLayer=21130 minLayer=21130 maxLayer=21130
    7. 02-25 20:51:02.084: I/ActivityManager(685): Process com.sweetroll.galactikitties (pid 7920) has died.
    8. 02-25 20:51:02.205: I/WindowManager(685): Screen frozen for +227ms due to Window{426a0fd0 u0 Application Error: com.sweetroll.galactikitties}
    That's some of the logcat output, the most interesting line is the attempted to unregister already unregistered input bit, but I'm not exactly sure what that means.

I attempted to do a dev build to see if I could garner some more info, yet when I do that I can't repro the issue!

My builds work just fine on iOS, PC, and Web--android is the only pickle. In the regular builds, I noticed the Unity logo splash screen was about half sized on my usual, working, builds in the past. Moreover, when I do a dev build, the splash screen is the proper size.

Maybe this could be a manifest issue?
    Code (csharp):
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.sweetroll.galactikitties" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:versionName="1.0" android:versionCode="1" android:installLocation="auto">
    3.   <supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" />
    4.   <application android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:debuggable="false">
    5.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:screenOrientation="landscape" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:configChanges="mcc|mnc|locale|touchscreen|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|fontScale">
    6.       <intent-filter>
    7.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    8.         <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    9.       </intent-filter>
    10.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" />
    11.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="false" />
    12.     </activity>
    13.   </application>
    14.   <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="11" android:targetSdkVersion="19" />
    15.   <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" />
    16.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    17.   <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />
    18.   <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" android:required="false" />
    19.   <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" android:required="false" />
    20. </manifest>
    Any thoughts on how I could go about debugging this further? I see that the android:name attribute is where I'm erroring, maybe this is the spot?

2. Volcanic-Penguin

Volcanic-Penguin

I'm getting the same error in logcat before my Unity 4.3 2d android game freezes randomly. Before it freezes I also get a

"Start proc com.company.game for activity etc etc gids={}"

Where the interesting part is that gid has no values. WIN DEATH followed by START and then "Start proc" will happen during play and keep playing but when it freezes the distinction is that gid has no values, plus the "Attempted to unregister already unregistered input channel" before it.

I also get warnings like "activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord" and "force-removing child win Window" but those don't seem to crash the game.

The game is primarily tilt controlled and only uses touch in menus and to pause so I don't know if that's causing some kind of timeout.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. Wuzseen

Wuzseen

I found that I had dynamic batching enabled in my build settings, disabling it seemed to solve my issue. Might be worth giving that try.

ZerglPark likes this.
  4. ZerglPark

ZerglPark

Very Impressive! Thank you so mush, you save my time