Search Unity

[Solved] Attachments failing to download with (Failed - Network error)

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by skydestinies, Oct 1, 2019.

1. skydestinies

skydestinies

Hello,
    I hooked up unity's bug reporter to have an option to attach and upload a player's save files. It used to work fine. Then, sometime last month, all my save files download as a "download, Failed - Network error" object when I click on the download link. (I've attached a picture of what it looks like when I try to download)
    Did something change in the bug reporter backend? I'm using unity user reporting version 0.2.4
    I'd really like to get this fixed soon so I can go back to receiving save files for debugging.
    Thank you
    -Yang

Attached Files:

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @skydestinies, I'm sorry to hear that your attachments aren't downloading anymore. I've let the team know so that they can look into seeing if anything has changed that could have affected this. Could you tell me what the average size of these attachments tend to be?

Could you also try (if you're running on Google Chrome) right clicking on the page and selecting Inspect to open the Chrome Developer Tools, then change to the Network tab and reload the page to download the attachment again to see if there's additional error information that could more clearly explain why the download is failing?

3. skydestinies

skydestinies

Thanks @ryanc-unity The save files are around 6-7MB
    I zip them and attach them. They used to download as a save file. If I upload a small save file (around 1MB), they now download but as a txt file instead and they lose the file name I specified.
    If I upload a large file, I get the download failed network error. If I inspect the save file link in the Chrome inspector, it comes up as a plain text file with a giant string.
    Is the system no longer allowing large attachments?

Thank you for your quick response and help!

Attached Files:

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for the added info. Are you able to download the full report at all when using the 6-7MB attachments, by going to Report Actions and selecting Download Report?

5. skydestinies

skydestinies

@ryanc-unity Yes, it downloads as a large json file.
    It looks like:
    {"attachments":[{"contentType":"application/zip","dataBase64":"UEsDBBQACgAIADleOk8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfAAAAc2NyYXRjaC9DaGFyYWN0ZXJDdXN0b21pemVyLmx2bO2d33MT1xXHd21ppbUhhB+BNp22LiEkjYUwxtg4iROMbIMCBhcJUnAds5IuZvH+EPtDIDKTEEhn2pfOZPrU6XQ60/aBh870L2imb31o+5T/oEMzfWj71KGP9JzVri0TW2ObVTHV9+PR0erunrPnnPtj797dGUuyJEmPCf5mtnWRmBp3XWGWjPqhXOG65lQzfZeE4+q2NTaQDf4yfTnf8HxHjFnC9xzNyPTN+CVDL58R9aK9KKwxyzeMJBsdYFuemy2UHb3K38Kp6WWRnWGLrics2j4

etc etc. The json file is 7MB

6. unleech

unleech

I have the same issue.

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

After further investigation, this looks to be an issue on our Dashboard frontend with handling larger attachments. We've filed a bug on this and will aim to have a fix for this before the end of next week. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

skydestinies likes this.
  8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

We've noticed that the issue seems to be exclusive to the Google Chrome browser (was not able to reproduce in Firefox). The dashboard team is working on a fix right now and will aim to have a fix ready within a week. In the meantime, please try using Firefox or other browsers to download your attachments.

skydestinies likes this.
  9. skydestinies

skydestinies

Thank you for the follow up!

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You're very welcome! We've just released a fix for this attachment issue on Google Chrome. Please give it a try and let me know if you're still running into any issues with downloading your report attachments.

11. skydestinies

skydestinies

Yes it's fixed now, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for fixing it!

Ryan-Unity likes this.