Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Attaching Cloth to non-kinematic rigidbody

Discussion in 'Physics' started by gmentat, Dec 20, 2017.

1. gmentat

gmentat

Hello,
    I'm trying to attach a game object with the Cloth component to a non-kinematic rigidbody. It worked perfectly well in 2017.2.0f3 but after updating to 2017.3.0 unity started throwing this error:

"Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5."

Also if I move the cloth in the scene closer to the object with the rigidbody, the component crashes with lots of AABB errors.

Is this possible to use the Cloth in 2017.3.0 with the non-kinematic rigidbodies?

the1928tommygun likes this.
  2. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

...omg...the new feature in the Cloth system...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  3. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

I also have this issue, how did you resolve it?

4. gmentat

gmentat

I downgraded unity to 2017.2.0f3. The cloth works there.

2017.3 had other weird issues with the UI positioning and TextMesh Pro bugs. I'm going to try a higher version in the future, once I have more time.

5. gr8forestspirits

gr8forestspirits

I'm having this error in 2018.2.7f1... is this fixed yet in the latest version?