Search Unity

Attach to Process - Poll.c file not found

Discussion in 'Linux' started by JooleanLogic, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JooleanLogic

JooleanLogic

I've installed 2018.1.6f on linux mint 19 - ubuntu 18.04 via the Unity self installer.

When I try and attach to process, I get a poll.c file not found. This file doesn't show up on my hard drive when I run 'locate poll.c'.
    When I click the 'Browse and find poll.c' button it displays the address
    /build/glibc-OTsEL5/glibc-2.27/io/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/poll.c
    I don't even have a /build folder.

From the start, I couldn't open any scripts. There just didn't seem to be any internal script editor.
    So I installed MonoDevelop, monocomplete, dotnet and libgtk and probably some others and can now open scripts from Unity in MonoDevelop.

I'm totally new to linux so I'm wondering if I haven't stuffed the install somehow. There's still several errors on startup and more random ones when in the editor but it does actually play my simple test MonoBehaviour. It just feels very fragile.
    I see posts on the forum referring to their install being in the /opt folder but I have nothing in that folder and mine just installed into the same folder as the installer on my home drive.

2. Tak

Tak

This is normal. This means that the place execution stopped when you attached the debugger was inside poll.c from the system c runtime library, glibc. Unless you have symbols and source installed for your distribution's glibc package, it's expected that the debugger won't be able to find that file locally.

This is correct - we don't currently ship a script editor with the linux installer. I can recommend Jetbrains Rider and Visual Studio Code as high-quality third-party solutions.

We are still in the experimental/beta phase. :)

The old .deb installer installed into /opt - the new download assistant lets you choose the install location.

3. JooleanLogic

JooleanLogic

Thanks for response Tak.
    I'll have another go at it.

4. maciejgorski

maciejgorski

Hi.
    I have exact the same problem on Ubuntu 18.04 with Unity 2018.2.7f1
    But in my case it prevent me from debugging my code.
    When I press ">" to resume program MonoDevlop notify me about next *.c file that it can not find.
    While resuming application on and on I see that Unity Editor go forward some frames.
    Any way I can not use debugger because of repeating *.c file not found message.
    Is there any way to fix it? I tried to use Visual Studio Code for debugging but unity debugger extension there crashes always after second or two.
    Please help! :)