Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ats color map ULTRA shader [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by larsbertram1, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Peleus

Peleus

I am having trouble applying the splat map. When I press the "Apply Splay map" button I get an error and msg to fix the splat map import to argb 32 format. I do not know of a way to do this other than in code. Am I missing something?

2. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi peleus,

find your splat map in the project tab and activate it so its propertiers will show up in the inspector.
    look for the "format" select and switch it from "compressed" to "truecolor".
    even better would be to go to the "texture type" select and change it from "texture" to "advanced": next to selecting the right color format doing so will give you the possibility to check "read/write enabled" which otherwise has to be done by the script.

lars

3. Peleus

Peleus

Thank you Lars, I totally over looked the override. at the bottom.

4. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

you are welcome!

5. PolyMad

PolyMad

Hi Lars, just bought it!

Couple of notes.

First of all, while setting up the terrain, as warned, yes I have some strange stuff going on.
    Especially I noticed that if not all textures are set up, at one point in the process I can see the screen render mapped on the terrain as specular or something.
    Is this wanted? Because it's really odd and I'm afraid it's not something wanted.

I have also noted that the third detail texture is rendered double sized respect to the other ones.
    Is there a reason for that or it's working as intended?

6. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i am not sure what you mean by "as specular" – but you have to assign all detail textures (including their normals) and set up the average color values before you will see the final terrain.

the third textures supports multi uv mixing, which means that a second sample of the same texture is mixed with the original one in order to reduce tiling artifacts. due to this reason this slot should be used by a high frequency texture like rock. so yes: it is intended.
    you can change the size of the second sample mixed with the original texture in the "multi uv" foldout.
    in case your rock texture is not stored in the blue channel of your splat map you can simply swap channels in photoshop.

lars

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

Uhm yes, that's what I was doing as well before buying your plugin.
    But now things got more difficult to set up.
    The global terrain diffuse map needs to be in "real" colours.
    You didn't need to make this with the normal Unity shader.

So the question is: how do you produce a proper global terrain diffuse map with World Machine?

I am nearly done by using the COLORIZER and COMBINER nodes but I don't think this is the best way to go.

8. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

absolutely right, but the global color map is one of the big advantages of this shader ;-)

once again i would point you to have a look at wenda’s tutorial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0o3bqoM0Qg

personally i use slopes masks and flow masks far more over the colorizer option to generate color maps and splat maps within photoshop.

lars

9. PolyMad

PolyMad

Thanks! I didn't know about that tutorial, but it's quite long, I'll watch it later today :D

Btw, the main diffuse texture still looks very bright.
    I have to make it with all colours lower than 100 in value.
    Is this correct?

10. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

nope, you can use any color you would like of course.
    but please make sure you have adjusted the alpha channel of the detail textures correctly (gloss).

lars

11. PolyMad

PolyMad

Just spotted a bug (even if it looks strange that nobody else saw it): normal maps of materials 1 and 2 are inverted.
    If I put my normal map of grass (which is material 1 in the terrain) in the first slot, and rock in the second slot and then mix them, they come up inverted.

12. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi there,

you are right: there was a bug with combining normal textures in version 1.5. :-(
    this has been fixed in version 1.6 which has been released tonight. :)

lars

13. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi there,

version 1.6 is now available giving you:

Color Painting Tool
    - New: Paint on your color map and make adjustments right within unity.

Fresnel based color reflection
    - New: Create wet surfaces by adding fully controllable color reflections – both on terrain and blended geometry.

Editor – Workflow improvements
    - New: Terrain splat maps are automatically grabbed from the terrain.
    - New: Combined normal maps will be automatically assigned.
    - New: Any new mesh blending material will be automatically assigned to the terrain it was created from.
    - New: You can import 2 splat maps and "write" them to the terrain.
    - Changed: The layout of the editor has become much more compact.
    - Fixed: "Create combined normals" function fixed.

Shader
    - New: Elevation for each detail texture added so you can tweak the "fictional" height of each detail texture.
    - Some minor performance tweaks.

$features_15_16n.jpg

$wet_surfaces.jpg

$elevation_01.jpg

$colormap_painting.jpg

Please check it out and give me your feedback,

lars

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  14. PolyMad

PolyMad

We can install this over 1.5 without problems?

15. homeros

homeros

Is there any chance you can pack U3 and U4 versions as different package files and send just those to Asset Store? This way U4 users can just click on the package file and import everything, while it won't throw any errors in U3 projects. Some assets use this method for supporting both JS and C# versions but I guess it would work for your package too.

btw after updating to 1.6, I got these errors:
    on these lines:

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  16. homeros

homeros

Solved the above problem by copying lines from U3 version. I don't know if it's fully working yet but at least it doesn't throw any errors:

Change your combineNormalMaps function with this

17. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

that should work – but i would always recommend to make a backup though.

18. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i will have a look into this, thanks for pointing it out.

lars

19. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

20. Jack_M

Jack_M

Hey there larsbertram1,
    I know there is no compatibility with DX 11, but I was wondering if that was in your plans for the next fix. It would be incredibly helpful as I am an incompetent coder and in dire need of using DX 11. Thanks for an awesome shader and I hope that DX 11 compatibility is an option for a fix.

Thanks,
    Jack M.

21. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi jack,
    as i am on mac i can’t test the shader under dx11.
    but alextelford has added dx11 support for version 1a while ago which i have incorporated into version 1.5 and 1.6, so it should work.
    at least compiling the shader in unity 4 (on mac…) gives me some warnings about dx11 but no errors.

have you already tested the latest version under dx11?

lars

22. Jack_M

Jack_M

Thanks for the quick reply larsbertram. I have tested it out with the newest version and the main issue I'm facing (no script errors popped up) is that the textures on the terrain go extremely low res when I activate DX 11. I'll show you a picture in so you can see what I mean. $DX11TextureProblem.jpg

23. SevenBits

SevenBits

This shader is not​ DX11 compatible.

24. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

? Just 2 posts ago the author asked if he had tested under DX11 that it should work. Sounds to me like it's supposed to be compatible.

25. SevenBits

SevenBits

Well, judging by the problems people seem to be having I'd say it works​ with DX11, but it doesn't quite seem to be at the point where I'd call it compatible.

26. Zen-Davis

Zen-Davis

But if it doesn't do what it's supposed to with DX11 enabled, that means its not working. I'm not too worried about it. I have faith that larsbertram1 will take care of it.

27. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi there,

i will have a look into dx11 support as soon as i get my hands on a pc.
    so please just keep doing your work and stick to dx9 meanwhile.
    @jack: as your screenshot shows you are using a lot of other shaders in your project (like nuaj).
    so what’s about the simply using the shader with dx11?

lars

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  28. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

btw:
    version 1.6a is online – containing a bugfix for combining normal maps in unity 4.

lars

29. Zen-Davis

Zen-Davis

Thanks for the update!

I just updated and got this error though...

$B8wyK7S.png

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  30. Jack_M

Jack_M

Alright, so I thought I would go a step further and just make a quick video in so you can see my problem in a better light. In the video you'll notice that it's in a completely new project with nothing else in it, and just a complete blank slate. I don't want to give too much of it away so here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hFXQEwn3k4

31. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi jack,

thanks for the video. it looks like unity does not use the shader at all bit simply the fall back one. so the terrain just shows the rather blurry basemap…
    today i had the chance to work on an old dell laptop and had a look on the shader running under dx11.
    so i have sent you a pm. please check it out and let me know if the fixed shader(s) work for you.

lars

32. homeros

homeros

I have found one minor bug (though I don't know if this counts as a bug). When using a custom builder you get the error
    from the script ColormapPaintingToolEditorU4.cs

To fix this I've put #ifUNITY_EDITOR #endif around using UnityEditor;
    You've already put those around the class part, but the using line also gives that error. You may want to change that for next version.

33. Aieth

Aieth

I just bought this, imported it and fixed the file extensions for unity 4 and I get a host of errors from CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4, any ideas?

Code (csharp):
    1. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(446,97): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev1' and no extension method `Elev1' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 446)
    5. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(446,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Slider(string, float, float, float, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments
    7. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 446)
    9. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(446,64): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    11. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 446)
    13. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(446,40): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev1' and no extension method `Elev1' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    15. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 446)
    17. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(449,97): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev2' and no extension method `Elev2' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    19. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 449)
    21. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(449,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Slider(string, float, float, float, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments
    23. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 449)
    25. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(449,64): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    27. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 449)
    29. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(449,40): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev2' and no extension method `Elev2' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    31. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 449)
    33. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(452,97): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev3' and no extension method `Elev3' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    35. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 452)
    37. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(452,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Slider(string, float, float, float, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments
    39. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 452)
    41. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(452,64): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    43. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 452)
    45. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(452,40): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev3' and no extension method `Elev3' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    47. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 452)
    49. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(455,97): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev4' and no extension method `Elev4' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    51. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 455)
    53. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(455,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Slider(string, float, float, float, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments
    55. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 455)
    57. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(455,64): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    59. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 455)
    61. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(455,40): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev4' and no extension method `Elev4' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    63. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 455)
    65. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(458,97): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev5' and no extension method `Elev5' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    67. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 458)
    69. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(458,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Slider(string, float, float, float, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments
    71. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 458)
    73. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(458,64): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    75. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 458)
    77. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(458,40): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev5' and no extension method `Elev5' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    79. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 458)
    81. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(461,97): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev6' and no extension method `Elev6' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    83. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 461)
    85. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(461,64): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.Slider(string, float, float, float, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments
    87. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 461)
    89. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(461,64): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    91. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 461)
    93. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(461,40): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev6' and no extension method `Elev6' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    95. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 461)
    97. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,89): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev1' and no extension method `Elev1' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    99. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    101. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,103): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev2' and no extension method `Elev2' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    103. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    105. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,117): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev3' and no extension method `Elev3' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    107. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    109. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,131): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev4' and no extension method `Elev4' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    111. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    113. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,138): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.Vector4.Vector4(float, float, float, float)' has some invalid arguments
    115. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    117. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,138): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    119. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    121. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,38): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.Material.SetVector(string, UnityEngine.Vector4)' has some invalid arguments
    123. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    125. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(755,38): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEngine.Vector4'
    127. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 755)
    129. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,119): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev1' and no extension method `Elev1' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    131. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    133. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,133): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev2' and no extension method `Elev2' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    135. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    137. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,147): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev3' and no extension method `Elev3' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    139. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    141. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,161): error CS1061: Type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' does not contain a definition for `Elev4' and no extension method `Elev4' of type `CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    143. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    145. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,168): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.Vector4.Vector4(float, float, float, float)' has some invalid arguments
    147. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    149. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,168): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'
    151. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    153. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,68): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.Material.SetVector(string, UnityEngine.Vector4)' has some invalid arguments
    155. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)
    157. Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs(825,68): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEngine.Vector4'
    159. (Filename: Assets/ats colormap ultra terrain shader 1.6/Scripts/Editor/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4.cs Line: 825)

34. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi aieth,

it seems as if not the latest version of the CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4 script was included into the package but rather and old one…
    so here is a link to the latest version:
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...riptsU4/CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4.cs

sorry for the inconvenience,

lars

35. Jack_M

Jack_M

Here's the image that I was trying to send to you Lars. The real issue is purely with these errors. Sorry about the mix up.
    Thanks,
    Jack McKelvie
    $ProblemWithOriginalsetupandDX11Fix.jpg

36. PolyMad

PolyMad

No image, LOL.

37. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hotfix for version 1.6a and unity 4

hi jack,

you are getting the same errors as aieth as not the latest version of the CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraEditorU4 script was included into the package v1.6a but rather and old one…
    so here is a link to the latest version:
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...rMapUltraU4.cs

lars

38. Peleus

Peleus

Your links to the forum and the demo on the Unity Store page are dead, at least in the US.

39. Peleus

Peleus

I am not understanding how the two decal channels are used. I have read a reference to the fact that you are re-using one of the other detail channels? If so how do you apply the "decal". I'm assuming it is nothing to do with the decal material type in base unity. This is a great addition to the Unity tool kit and it is looking way better than the first pass shader, but I think the next step would be to provide (someone?) a video tutorial that shows a solid pipeline to get to the quality in the demo from existing textures/maps. For reference I am using the pro version of L3DT to create splat/color/normal maps.

Thanks for your help!

40. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

yes. as the shader only supports 6 detail textures it takes texture 3 and 4 when painting decals and blends them with the underlaying textures based on an "estimated" heightmap and the opacity you are painting with.

right. in order to paint decals you have to assign 8 detail textures to your terrain. it does not matter what kind of texture you assign to slot 7 or 8 as the shader will simply take texture 3 and 4 as mentioned above but in order to not get confused i would recommend to reassign the textures from slot 3 and 4 to slot 7 and 8.
    now that you have 8 detail textures you can simply select texture 7 and start painting on the terrain.
    texture 7 will show up as decal, so if you are working with the demo terrain painting with texture 7 will allow you to redefine the borders of the rock texture (which is located in slot 3).

there are just too many ways… but a very good tutorial on how to create a height map, color map and splat map using an external editor like world machine can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0o3bqoM0Qg

lars

41. PolyMad

PolyMad

Cool, thanks to this post I now know how to use decals :D was wondering myself how they worked :D

42. Aieth

Aieth

No problem! Thanks for the help. I'm in love with this shader, Unitys built in terrain capabilities almost deterred me from using it but with your shader I'm able to do exactly what I wanted to. This is probably the most well spent money I've ever spent on software!

$Terrainpic.jpg

43. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

thanks a lot aieth,
    your terrain looks nice. keep up the good work,

lars

44. Pirogun

Pirogun

I am having trouble with implementing your shader.

My old technique made a very nice looking texture but I wanted it to be better so I got your asset.

I made a very crude colormap for testing purposes and when I made the materiel and put it on my terrain it looked bad so I don't know what the problem is with my configuration.
    I am only using 4 textures

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  45. PolyMad

PolyMad

You only need to learn to use it, then you'll have better results than with your old technique.

46. Pirogun

Pirogun

I am not sure what that means, my old technique doesn't utilize this asset at all and also the colormap should flip on its y-axis and I don't know how to do that

47. PolyMad

PolyMad

You never stop learning, especially if you work in this field, or even if you are in this field as a hobby.
    I imagine you used a painting program at one point in your workflow.
    Open the painting program, load the colormap, go to transform/resize image or similar, and select mirror/flip in the commands/menu.
    I think it's much better to learn some simple things and put to work the stuff you bought than stay in ignorance and ask refund, but it's up to you of course.

48. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi pirogun,

having a look at your images and your setup there are several things that attract my attention:

- splatalpha0 texture: your custom splat map shows colors like magenta and a very bright cyan – but it only should have colors like red, green and blue and some mixing values between those colors. so it seems as if it is corrupted.
    - the average color values of your detail textures: to me it looks as if the average color values you have assigned do not fit those of your detail textures: especially average color 4 (bright yellow or lime) does not fit the color of your sand texture at all.
    - you have not assigned any combined detail normal maps which will lead to corrupt lighting in the foreground.

have you used the "CustomTerrainScriptColorMapUltraU4" to setup your terrain? it will give you the possibility to:
    - get correct average color values
    - and create combined detail normal maps
    just with a single click (each…).

texture orientation
    in case you generate your terrain maps outside of unity import the terrain normal and color map just as they are, splat map and height map have to be flipped on the y axis.

lars

49. Zen-Davis

Zen-Davis

I just want to say that Lars is a F***ing incredible developer and everyone looking for a terrain solution for Unity should definitely buy ATS Ultra!

I was having some issues with DX11 and the ATS Ultra shader and Lars not only troubledshoot those issues for me personally, but even pointed out mistakes that we had made in order to get us on the right track. He's an absolute wonder and I've loved doing business with him! You will too! He has taken great personal care to respond to us and undoubtedly I can say I trust him wholly!

50. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

thanks zen…
    then i can start to finalize the official dx11 release of the shader.
    hope to get it online soon,

lars