Search Unity

ats color map ULTRA shader [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by larsbertram1, Oct 17, 2012.

1. czokka

czokka

what should i look out for? i used the displacement maps from the quixel mega scans materials

2. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello is there chance for different tiling per texture? It would be really helpfull in other case it is neccesary to tile textures in photoshop what it is not always easy if there is for example 0.6 tiling or something like that

3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

due to performance considerations individual tiling is not supported, sorry.

4. RickF

RickF

How's this function in unity 2017?.. was hoping to use more than 8 unique splat maps. 2017 I believe supports many more, however a colormap feature is highly desired.

Any idea if this would work with a terrain created from a mesh using the mesh to terrain extension?

5. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

even in 5.4.+ more than 8 detail textures would be possible (due to texture arrays). however that costs a lot of texture memory: not only the additional detail textures but also additional splat maps.
    and imho using a color map allows you to create lively textured terrains even with just 8 detail textures.

i think that there are no problems – once you have a unity terrain it should just work.

6. RickF

RickF

7. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

no, cmu only support 8 detail textures + dynamic snow + dynamic puddles + global color map.

8. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello in unity 5.6 there is a API problem on importing asset. I dont like hen unity auto update api so is there chance to fix that?

9. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

what kind of api problem?

10. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Idont know what kind, What I mean when I try to import pckage to unity, I have info about Api changes and I have 2 option No thanks, and GO Ahead I made backup (it is asking about auto convert api)

11. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

choose: GO ahead

12. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Yes but go ahead change other things in my project I dont want too, its better if developer update api in package, Unity auto updating many times destroyed my project;) I hope you could do that.

One more question is there chance for tree planar mapping to have good not stretched texture on clifs etc?

13. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

then i guess you may select the script in the project tab, use right mouse click and choose"run apu updater...".
    or will this update other scripts as well?
    triplanar texturing is super expensive. and as a height map based terrain does't let you sculpt nicely shaped cliffs anyway i do not really see much need for such an expensive feature.

14. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Also I have one more question is there option to add relfetion probe effects terrain water ? IT woudl be great this is quite important for us because now when water isnt under light it lookslike flat texture. Thanks for reply andyour work ;)

15. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hmm, regular reflection probes as supported by the terrain simply should be supported by cmu as well. are they not?

16. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

They are not, I mean water dont have reflection probes dot take them,I have global reflection probe over whole world, but water seems to be flat dot get it.

17. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

do you use deferred and deferred reflections? in this case it would simply be impossible and sme thing with your material would be wrong.

18. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

No I'm jusing forward render, Terrain takes relfection probes but not water on terrain. Could you pelase send me screen how it look in your case? Why in deffered there will be no reflection probe? I dont understand.

19. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

that is forward with a single baked reflection probe.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-23 um 23.30.05.png

20. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Thanks lars now I see reflections probes in your screen, maybe this is problem that I mention earlier I dont get newest CMU because I have these Api import problems, hwen You added reflection probs to water?

21. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

I tested it now on deffered on new proejct and it works, I mean is there any invisible lightprobe for water? cubemap or semthing bevause tehre are soem reflections even without lightprobe on scene . Thanks and sorry for problem, Last quesion is there chance to prapre some kind of Save all Arrays Button, Clicking every array normal mapsu and update prototype is kind of annoying , It would be great to have this one button.

22. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

no.
    hmm, i have a pool of terrain textures – maybe 20 – which have proved to work well. i just get these in. and do not have to update the arrays often – as most tweaks take place in the inspector.
    updating an array is fast – saving it to disk just takes some more time. that is the reason why you have 2 buttons.

23. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

There is 5 buttons to save arrays, Now I noticed I have on my scene some exception:

Invalid MonoObject passed
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:CreateAsset(Object, String)
    CM_Ultra.ColorMapUltraEditor:saveTextureArray(SerializedProperty&, SerializedProperty&, Int32) (at assets/Colormap Ultra Shader V3/Scripts/Editor/ColorMapUltraEditor.cs:1603)
    CM_Ultra.ColorMapUltraEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at assets/Colormap Ultra Shader V3/Scripts/Editor/ColorMapUltraEditor.cs:1240)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

DO you maybe noow why,It shows when I try to save array

24. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Also question is there possibility to make water mor sharp smooth, more like mirror?

25. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

unfortunately: no.
    not without editing the shader...
    cmu-core.cginc:
    half waterSmoothness = lerp(0.9, _DampenedWaterSmoothness, mip_selector.x * 0.125 * (1.0 - waterDetailFade));
    0.9 is the highest smoothness.

26. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

OK thank you, also really last question I dont know why but Wetness slider in global settings and per texture setting dont work, Also it doeasn work for me in --LuxDYnamic Weather global settings, There is always wetnes on terrain an this slider change nothing. It only works on normal models but not on terrain wetnes.

27. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

it works like charme for me.
    but "wetness" is just a very thin layer of wetness and does not do that much.
    the more interesting values are water in cracks and water in puddles.
    the wording might be confusing...

28. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Oh I though Wetness is settings og every wetnes appear (like global wetnes water on terrain) Only one way to set per texture smooth for example to no shiny, smooth on it is to add it in alkpha channel as black? It woudl be great if there would be possibility to just set black smoothnes or soemthing without adding it in black alpha channel in photoshop. All the time I though it is water/ wetnes on terrain, but it seems like it is texture smooth setting that I could only set in texture alpha channel

29. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i do not understand you, sorry.

30. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

upload_2017-11-27_20-26-46.png look therre is shiny specular on terrain, I just dont want that , and I dont see any setting for that, only one I see is to add proper alpha color to albedo texture to get rid of that.

31. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

how does your smoothness look?
    go to scene view, switch to smoothness and take a screen shoot please.

32. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

upload_2017-11-28_18-51-0.png

there is no this option when using forward mode but I changed to deffered then it looks like that. toally white

33. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

that shows that the alpha channels of your detail textures do not contain any proper smoothness.
    they are pure white = fully smooth.
    if you do not have any smoothness textures at least set alpha to something like a dark gray.
    and then get some proper maps :)
    we are talking about pbs here. doing so without any smoothness textures does not make any sense.

34. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

OK thanks, this is what I was asking about, I just though there is any additional Smooth setting simple like (no smooth or bigh smooth) per texture in CMU, but ok now I understand that it is only in alpha texture ;) thanks

35. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello Lars I have a one question more, Why there is no normal maps strengh setting? even global, There is nothing to set normal map strenght, and modifing every texture for that is time consuming

36. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

because it is time consumig in the shader as well: 8 normals, each pixel: slow.

37. magique

magique

When importing into 5.6.3p1 I get the following shader compiler errors:

Shader error in 'CMU-Mesh-Tessellation': failed to open source file: 'Includes/CMU-Inputs.cginc' at line 223

Shader error in 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/CMU-Base-Tessellation': failed to open source file: 'Includes/CMU-Inputs.cginc' at line 215

Shader error in 'Nature/Terrain/CMU-FirstPass-Tessellation': failed to open source file: 'Includes/CMU-Inputs.cginc' at line 203

Property (_HeightMaps) already exists. Use SetTexture instead.
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

I can see that there is an Includes folder with the CMU-Inputs.cginc in it, but Unity doesn't seem to be able to find it.

[EDIT]
    I think I see the issue. There are 2 folders for the asset and one is aa Mesh Shader, which has a Shaders folder, but no Includes folder in there. I will try to copy over the Includes folder and see what happens.

[EDIT 2]
    That fixed it mostly, but then I get another error on CMU-Mesh-Tessellation, which for some reason is not inside the Shaders folder so it can't find the Includes folder. Moving it into the Shaders folder fixes it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  38. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hmm, all files should be in place. but i had a look into the preview of the package on the asset store and in fact: there are 2 folders... as one of my dev folders accidentally has been included.
    you should be safe just deleting the "Colormap Ultra Shader V3 aa Mesh shader" folder – as all shader are originally located in the shader folder inside the original "Colormap Ultra Shader V3" folder.

magique likes this.
  39. clagrens

clagrens

Mesh blend feature is removed in 3.0?

2.5a look like contain more features..

40. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

as it does not really work with ssao – and ssao becomes more and more popular.

41. clagrens

clagrens

Actually...I use hbao.. fix some issue in ssao. If I buy 2.5a and 3.0 , can you help me to blend it..?

42. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

depends on the number of features you want to use from cmu 3.0.
    right now it has maxed out the number of available samplers – so you would have to drop e.g. the upper 4 detail textures. or choose the way rtp implements blending: drawing the geometry twice. the 1st draw uses the terrain material, the second one the unique material from the object itself which gets blended with the 1st draw.

43. clagrens

clagrens

Sorry for my poor English, but I will try, Thanks!

44. SveinEven

SveinEven

Hello!

Will this work on the latest version of unity, or are you planning on releasing another version of the asset? :)

45. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hell I have a problem after turning on lightmap static on terrain, I use realtime GI, my 4yh texture ( this one with UV tiling in distance) is like that n closup

upload_2018-2-1_13-58-24.png

on longer distance it is ok,

upload_2018-2-1_13-59-14.png

there are few option, first is that after click lightmap static it bake a realtiem gi only on thos texture, or there is problem with distance tilebale texture, but after disabling it bu seting it to 1 it doeasnt change nothing, still dark on closeup. this is not dark everywhere but in specific places probably depends on realtime gi, but other textures are ok and this is strange

46. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Any help? It looks that it recieve shadow all the time... I had similar problem in the past but after updating arrays everything was ok, now it isnt.

47. Xype

Xype

Hasnt been updated since 2015 :( probably not much reviving this asset when you have RTS, Megasplat, CTS just to name a few extremely super wowza awesome ones. With great support and holds 4x the textures.

48. hopeful

hopeful

It was upgraded to v3, which was updated just a few weeks ago. Check the store for the upgraded version.

49. Xype

Xype

Ahhh I was looking at 2.5 you are correct. Have some personal feelings about making something doing 6 updaes taking 2 years off then coming back making the same thing but not updating the asset making a new one but whatever haha. Anyway you got a screenshot of your issue?

Mind if I pm ya?

50. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

@larsbertram1 Any ideas about my problem? After turning of lightmap static for terrain the same problem so this is no lightmap problem but bug of your shader. ist seens like it takes normals of terrain in bad way I dont know but it recieve shadow in places where other textures dont... The same problem is with 8 texture that has tiling UV too. Please help

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018