Search Unity

Feedback Atlassian Bug reporting system lacks features of fogbugz

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by thelebaron, Oct 7, 2022.

1. thelebaron

thelebaron

Under the old fogbugz system, I could see all the issues I reported and easily go through and view all communication for each one. It was very convenient to have a centralized place to see all that past data.

With the new system, I don't have that same ability. I can still technically go through my emails to do this but sometimes out of reflex I delete emails and then after that part of that dialogue is gone for good(on my end).

Lastly in the original system it included the text of what I had reported which was helpful to remind me of what I actually put in the report.
    New system lacks that, and when QA follows up with something like: "We couldn't reproduce the problem, could you please provide us with a step by step project to help us reproduce the problem" - I am fairly positive I did just that with the report. Perhaps I didn't, but the prospect of needing to ask qa for a refresher of what I wrote for every bug report that they cant reproduce leaves me disinclined to follow up on bug reports.

2. marcdi_unity

marcdi_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry for the late reply here but hopefully I can still help!

The second request you mention being unable to see your original report text, which maybe implies you've maybe not logged in on https://unity3d.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals linked in the email? Note that you need to log in with an Atlassian account matching your email, not your Unity credentials.

In the new system, once logged in if you click Requests in the top right, you can then click "Created by me" to view all of your reported issues in Jira. Or just follow this link. It won't have all of your reports on Fogbugz, but those should still be viewable on the old site.

thelebaron likes this.
  3. thelebaron

thelebaron

I appreciate this reply @marcdi_unity and suddenly this is a lot clearer!
    I thought this kept taking me to some enterprise login link and didnt think to sign up.

Anyway if I may make one final suggestion is that the back and forth dialogue is not really code snippet friendly due to the narrowness of the margins/gutters of the page layout. I realise that maybe long blocks of code arent necessarily best used in this comments area but not sure if this can be avoided at times.

firefox_W8jnE7ffUW.png

4. marcdi_unity

marcdi_unity

Unity Technologies

No worries, that's a fair point about the width and I'll feed that back and see if it's possible to tweak,