Search Unity

Atlas swapping?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by launchpad, Aug 26, 2014.

1. launchpad

launchpad

The question relates to creating alternate interface "look and feel" by swapping atlases. I have dissected many threads but have yet to find a viable solution.

If I understand it:

1) The new uGUI can use sprites or atlased sprites for the appearance of elements.

2) If you use the Unity Sprite/Editor packer option, the atlas is only created at run time (or play) dependent upon tags. Are there alternatives that the uGUI will use without installing different event systems like DForge and NGUI.

3) It is possible to dynamically change the look and feel of the uGUI element, but doing so for an entire visual interface would be cumbersome (- I have yet to work out how to dynamically change the transition states on the button's SpriteSwap mode).

Has anyone a solution (commercial or coding) whereby I can simply swap in and out an atlas to change the look of the new uGUI interface at runtime?

Context: I have multiple common modules to 5 different main programs and the module appearance should change to match the main program.

Thanks for your consideration.