Search Unity

Atavism by Neojac

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cookimage, Jul 1, 2014.

1. radar089

radar089

@cookimage

two more questions for ya, will Probuilder meshes work with the player building part of atavism, if i make them prefabs. and if i buy into atavism can it be used offline while im working? or does it always need a connection. i go camping and out of town allot and don't always have WiFi but still take my laptop to work in unity.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. cookimage

cookimage

Depends what you are doing, if its just basic world building you can work offline, but using the Atavism Editor you will need to be able to connect to your Database to store the information you are changing in the Atavism editor. ProBuilder should work fine with prefabs.

3. Tofoux

Tofoux

4. radar089

radar089

OK cool thank you then I'm sold

5. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

to answer your question you can create a localhost address "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" which will "act" as a server created only on your PC. so yes you can use this asset offline to create your world.

for the database create it as an offline database using the following address when requested to input any IP localhost it allows you to work offline instead of connecting to the internet.

Xamp is great tool to use, only naming one of them but there are several.

radar089 likes this.
  6. radar089

radar089

OK sounds good thank you. It would suck to buy in and find out I can't use it half the time lol. I hate my commute.

7. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

hi i was just wondering if anyone has a tutorial on how to set this up with hamachi, trying to get a test build working for some friends to test online, or even a small free server host?

8. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

ok after doing testing on my second day, AI works smoothly, altered animations on my behalf Rotation was set for some reason but all working now, loot works very nicely as expected in MMO's still a few bugs can att enemy when its dead (AI) building system is a nice feature but still figuring it out, the Claim system is nice.

only issue is getting it connected over the internet but that's my lack of knowledge in networking. if anyone was successful with this, or even using a VPN Service like Hamachi, if you could share how you managed to get this working would be very kind.

9. radar089

radar089

Is this a normal problem? Connecting it to the internet?

10. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

never done it before, so i wouldn't exactly know where to start.

11. cookimage

cookimage

I am not sure exactly what are meaning connecting to the internet.Are you talking about the server type you are setting up or a webplayer client, as you can have a webplayer client if you build unity's webplayer or just a local client that standard pc.

12. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

13. radar089

radar089

I looked at the wiki it doesn't look any harder then setting up a private wow server

14. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

unfortunately i never had, so i have no idea what im really doing here, if you could be kind enough to help em with this that would be very helpful.

15. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

i had opened the ports

5040-5060
    9005-9010

i believe i may have done it right i will link an image i configured the

content_admin_connection.ini
    Auth.properties
    world.properties

but unsure if i did it correctly i used a DDNS Name for my IP which is what i put in there instead of my IP it self.

still not workign when i try to log in says Unable to log in. and yes i did restart the server and start it back up again.

Open Ports image
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kw3do9nb8vb99wd/Open Ports.png?dl=0

File Configuration

content_admin_connection.ini
    Auth.properties
    world.properties

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn1ox8zmbyykyvc/File Configurations.png?dl=0

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  16. radar089

radar089

Are you using mysql. If you are I would restart from whatever tutorial you followed. I always mess up something in mysql.

17. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

yes but all works smoothly when i use localhost on my own PC i can open many clients. but problems persist when i try with other machines. even over my own LAN Network.

18. radar089

radar089

Hmm idk I Havant got to play with atavism yet Sry bud.

19. radar089

radar089

Cookimage do you know anything about making the prefabs for the building system? Like best practices. What have you guys learned looked or worked the best so far. I'm posting a screen shot of some walls, do you think they will work? op35.jpg

20. cookimage

cookimage

Yes those can work well, best is to make sure they all fit together like Lego. I use a 2meter by 2 meter grid size to create my prefabs and then test them in Maya to make sure if you place one next to another it still works, same with height, also 2 meters by 2 meters grid.

21. radar089

radar089

In that neo land video posted above are those 2x2m prefabs? I'm using the pro builder grids. Those walls are like 2 1/2..

OK so another one, what makes corners look the best? Like a corner segment on its own or clever wall design so the can match up at angles?

22. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

the error im getting is

unable to connect to tcp world server

i can create an account from another pc and its fine. just cant log in.

after some more test it came up with this error in authentication.out

there is another error above it
    DEBUG [2015-01-16 14:53:20,979] main BIND: got socket: sun.nio.ch.DatagramSocketAdaptor@399af6dc
    but fixed when changing the address to my IPv4 for my PC, instead of 127.0.0.1 i use my 194.168.1.3
    so the only error is the one below.

ERROR [2015-01-16 14:53:20,979] main MasterServer.main caught exception java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.DatagramChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.DatagramSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)
    at atavism.server.network.rdp.RDPServer.bind(RDPServer.java:48)
    at atavism.server.network.rdp.RDPServerSocket.bind(RDPServerSocket.java:39)
    at atavism.server.network.rdp.RDPServerSocket.bind(RDPServerSocket.java:26)
    at atavism.server.engine.MasterServer.main(MasterServer.java:619)

23. radar089

radar089

How do you award someone a plot? If they purchased outside of atavisim.

24. cookimage

cookimage

Claims can be given to someone as a Item which when they click it it secures the plot for them where they stand, it can also be sold in a vendor.

25. radar089

radar089

26. radar089

radar089

What's up with the prefabs players use to build. Can they mine and craft to make them or are they choosing from a list or something? I get its a wip. Also do you have an ai spawner that will wait until the mob or mobs are dead before spawning a new wave. To prevent flooding of mobs.

27. cookimage

cookimage

That's total up to how you want to set it up for them to get

28. cookimage

cookimage

radar089 likes this.
  29. radar089

radar089

What does that mean.can it be done with the editor? What about the mob spawning.

30. cookimage

cookimage

Players can mine and craft them if you want or you can sell them in a merchant. They are then items that goes in your backpack. You then click on the item and it shows the model which you can place down in your claim. So its up to you how you want them to get it.

31. radar089

radar089

OK cool. How about mob spawning.

32. cookimage

cookimage

So you create your mob template in the editor and then spawn your mobs in game in real time currently. We will be adding additional spawning systems which is already in place on the server side for things like arenas where mobs are spawned in waves , we just have to link it up client side.

33. radar089

radar089

Wait I don't understand, mobs only spawn if I spawn them lol? Like for a player to kill a mob, I would have o run to the player and spawn one in game? Are you saying their is no spawning system for mobs other then live in person by my hand?

34. cookimage

cookimage

No you miss understood, You open up the spawner, spawn a mob where you want it and then its set on the database with position so from there on forward the mob will always spawn there if a client logs in and its still alive. Later we will be making a option that you could just spawn a spawner which then will spawn mobs around it randomly.

RealSoftGames likes this.
  35. Kane C Hart

Kane C Hart

This looks pretty amazing. Sadly I don't really know much about Unity and I assume you coded this in C#?

I was actually watching this on steam and sadden by the comments etc. I think a lot of people just not realizing what it is and what they were expecting. But I wanted to give this a shot I actually sent you a email with an inquiry.

But I had a couple questions wanted to ask. From what I can tell your making a nice MMO Package that requires Unity3D. The goal or idea is this can be used from the most basic user knowing no programming or graphics design to the more complex users.

I assume that users still can add and edit things in Unity3D just like before. Though how would the server side of things work out? I assume the Server is not 100% open source or might not be at all from the limitations per licensing or maybe that is on the honor system. I guess the big question is how does one add new server / client scripts that might need network communication.

I assume you paint the world client side just like most MMO's. How does the server side see the meshes and such. Not sure if that is the right term but collision boxes, um path finding be a good one so not going through an object but walk around etc. (Looks like the collision detection is coming later this year if I was reading up coming notes right)

Any chance you have some sort of crazy master list of all features? I like to go through them if I do make a video talking about this great product I like to talk about everything as much as possible even simple things like gathering, looting, skill points, stats, anything like that in anyway possible when people look at MMO's these days they look at how many features even the small fine ones.

EDIT: I noticed through some the backlog posts things like new hairstyles and other models. Do you keep adding new models to the main package or these used in other projects? I just thought it was cool since a lot of people seem to have the most struggle making the main playable character. So if they can find assets on other models like npc's etc but can leave the Human Models with the default assets that would be quite the thing.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  36. cookimage

cookimage

Assets are a different package we sell that includes the Neos Land assets we create our self's, that's not in standard Atavism.As for a list you can look at this list of plugins here on our wiki. Those plugins can be altered to a point. If you want to create your own plugins you can with the Veteran license and above as you get source code for plugins.

Wiki Page: http://atavismonline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=atavism_unity_editor_ref

37. radar089

radar089

@cookimage that sounds good man yes I did miss understand lol Sry.

38. radar089

radar089

I'm looking at buying a new tower or laptop this month and also atavism. Thanks for your help all these months.

39. Gatskop_Software

Gatskop_Software

Hi
    Sorry my English is not good and maybe the questions was asked before. For the Creator starter license $70 1. Can i use the free version of Unity 2. Do i get my own server I can run 3. Can i use custom animations (characters / monsters ) 4. With this can I start to build the world 5. Is the system with health bars , fighting logic , AI intelligence everything included ?

40. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

End of January: (Release 2.3) (Currently in testing phase)
    1) Quad Tree Fixes - allowing proper perception management of mobs and players in the world.
    2) Crafting Plugin: Our own crafting system set on grid based crafting like minecraft. We will be expanding it later to other crafting systems.
    3) Proper Resource Gathering system
    4) Targeting Systems:
    - Soft Targeting combat system. Thanks to the team at Space Dwarves we can add this system in which will allow for a FPS style game.
    - Tab Targeting system. Thanks to the team at Space Dwarves.

Hi,
    The roadmap on page 1 had January as 'testing'. Will all the features listed under January be ready by next week or has there been any delays. Thanks.

41. Krey

Krey

How easy is it to ignore specific parts of the Atavism system and continue with custom-made Unity scripts? For example, if I didn't want to use the Atavism item system, could I simply leave it out of my project and replace it with my own system?

Another example would be mobs. If I have my own AI and engagement system, can I use that instead, or is Atavism an all-or-nothing kind of package?

42. cookimage

cookimage

1. Yes you can use free version
    2. Yes you get the server software and have to host your own server.
    3. Yes you can use custom animation and characters
    4. Yes
    5. Yes it has everything except AI, that will be coming end of February.

Gatskop_Software likes this.
  43. cookimage

cookimage

Yes they will be ready by next week.

44. cookimage

cookimage

If you get the Veteran License you can change any plugin as you want and implement your own systems, we how ever cant guarantee that your own systems will work as they might be to hard o work over a network.

You can get veteran License Here:
    http://www.neojac.com/index.php/component/aceshop/product/52-atavism-full-veteran-license

45. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

46. cookimage

cookimage

I would not think so but you will have to test it as we don't have Pro Tools our self to test.

47. radar089

radar089

I'm also wondering how pro builder meshes will work when they are instantiated.

48. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

one quick question i don't think has been mentioned, custom boss fights. will we be able to do specific rotations based on what the boss is and HP, e.g can cast a pool of magic on the floor that does damage to anyone standing in it, throws fireballs randomly etc, also agro for tanks?

if so any docs or tutorials on this, or in the makings?

i just think it gets boring if a boss or even all Ai just do basic attacks or even cast single attacks.

49. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

could you have plots pre determand? and also a max amount of plots per character? e.g i want to make only a limited amount of plots in specific locations kind of like a suburb on another island where they need to buy a plot from the server, i was thinking of having them buy an item from a vender or just walk up to a plot and interact with it and buy it, or even have for say house numbers at each plot have the players walk through the town to see what plot they want that is for sale and go to a Plot seller and buy that specific plot. any way to make the easiest suggestion possible.

50. cookimage

cookimage

For boss fights, and better combat/AI that will only come in after server side collusion stuff as all that is needed for combat, which will be end of February. Yes you can set how plots are given to players as you wish, and can set them up before time.