Search Unity

Atavism by Neojac

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cookimage, Jul 1, 2014.

1. cookimage

cookimage

Yes sorry been scrambling with 50 different things to do, ran into a problem which we did not catch until we where doing final testing on armor sets where they where pushing some parts through the body which we are busy fixing now. As soon as we get that all fixed they will be updated. Also will release a icon pack and one creature in the update. As for AtVoxel, we are planning major changes to it in the new year, there is a new version that's a bit more stable out already but it still has allot to get working to be a proper release.

2. JamesPro

JamesPro

Ok thanks for the Info on AtVoxel...

I've been checking out Atavism again and I must say I'm really impressed with how easy the Building and Object Placement features are to get working... I spent a few hours today working on it and I've gotten some decent results. Great job on it!

3. cookimage

cookimage

A merry Christmas to All !!!

4. cookimage

cookimage

Current RoadMap for 2015
    Added December 2014

We will be rolling the updates out in a series of releases and these items are what we are expecting to release with each release but are not set in stone. These are our own systems and plugins we will be supporting.

End of January: (Release 2.3) (Currently in testing phase)
    1) Quad Tree Fixes - allowing proper perception management of mobs and players in the world.
    2) Crafting Plugin: Our own crafting system set on grid based crafting like minecraft. We will be expanding it later to other crafting systems.
    3) Proper Resource Gathering system
    4) Targeting Systems:
    - Soft Targeting combat system. Thanks to the team at Space Dwarves we can add this system in which will allow for a FPS style game.
    - Tab Targeting system. Thanks to the team at Space Dwarves.

End of February: (Release 2.4) ( Test Phase will start mid January)
    1) Server Side Collision
    - Navmesh collision generation in Unity that can be copied to and run on the server
    - Navmesh editing on the server
    2) Authoritative Player Control
    Authoratative Player Control
    - Server implementation of character control to verify characters position and movements from the client input.
    3) Pathfinding and Mob AI improvements
    Pathfinding
    - Mobs pathfinding system upgraded to use server collision to accurately move around the world.
    AI
    - Improved AI functionality to control mobs with patrol paths, roam radius, combat behavior settings.
    - Possible advanced implementation of a system similar to Story Bricks
    4) Server Management Tools & Monetization
    Server Management Tools
    - Manage accounts
    - Start/Stop server
    - Check on server status & other details
    Monetization
    - Server side support for Item mall
    - Server side support for Subscription based models

End March:(Release 2.5)
    1) Player to Player Trading
    2) In game mailing system
    3) Player grouping, friends list, guilds, social system
    4) Setting up of regions
    5) In game mailing system

End April (Release 2.6)
    1) Multiple server support

End May: (Release 2.7)
    1) Pets & Mounts
    2) Arena system

Please not once again these are not hard dates but a estimate and some features might not make it into a release or some dates might change.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    RealSoftGames likes this.
  5. cookimage

cookimage

Thanks to Jairo who created the free SkyProject day night system that's available on the Unity Asset store we are allowed to share our changes to it with you. We did a few changes to it so it can work with Atavism server side time management system to sinc time with a client side Day Night system. His free asset has a ton of features and is very easy to use and setup. Follow the link to our forum post to get it and more details.

Atavism Setup for Day Night system

6. Bumblefuck

Bumblefuck

Yeah, thats the norm.

7. cookimage

cookimage

Can you link me to that post you quoted from, thanks as we respond to every post we see or try to at least.

8. Bumblefuck

Bumblefuck

9. cookimage

cookimage

As I explained there been busy fixing them up, as we only saw it last minute when we tested some stuff in game.

10. mortals

mortals

Hello. Sorry for my English I'm from another country. I want to buy your product and have a few questions.
    1. Is it possible to use not only the Amazon server, and what else?
    2. If I buy a license for the first $ 70 and then I want to buy a license for $ 270 I will need to pay the full amount, or will have to pay $ 200?
    3. I would like to learn more what modules I get for $ 70 and can they make a full game?

11. cookimage

cookimage

Hi,
    1. You can use any server hardware you want, don't need to sue just Amazon.
    2. Yes you can buy the upgrade version which is only $200 later.
    3. You get all the modules, it depends on what you want in your full game but all the modules can be used for that.

Here is a list of current plugins/modules that's available now on our wiki page at the bottom. These come with all licenses only difference between the $70 starter license and the Veteran license is that you get server side plugin source code with Veteran License.

http://atavismonline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=atavism_unity_editor_ref

12. JamesPro

JamesPro

So Jacques... I decided to give you guys another chance and see how much things have changed with Atavism... I run into a Technical Issue with the Plugin Code and post a question about it on the Atavism Forums... It seems however that you guys are completely ignoring me as a result of my being critical of how you guys advertise. So should I move on and use another solution if you guys are indeed ignoring me or can I get this issue resolved and continue trying to use Atavism?

http://www.atavismonline.com/forum/general-discussion/663-agis-source-for-atavism-2-2

13. cookimage

cookimage

Sorry, i cant help with that as you know coding side is not what i do. Sooms has been a bit busy the last few days, but I can make sure he send you a answer to it if he knows what the problem is. We try and help but it does not mean we know the answers to all bugs pertaining any coding you do on your side.

14. JamesPro

JamesPro

Thanks for your response. And yes I am fully aware that Coding isn't your area of expertise. However the issue has nothing to do with my personal Code. When I downloaded a Completely Clean version of the AGIS Plugin Code and get everything set up there were a bunch of errors in your plugin code right from the start. I've gone ahead and fixed them to the point that I can compile my own code however I can not compile the AGIS Plugin Code because I'm not sure if my fixes are done properly or not and I don't want to mess anything up testing it. Also I do have some questions for Andrew regarding changes you guys have made to my Crafting Plugin so if he could respond I'd appreciate it!

15. cookimage

cookimage

We do not use your crafting plugin, it has been removed from last two version as far as I know. As for the bugs with the editor we have not had anyone else respond to us saying they have any errors so am not sure what the problem can be. Are you suing the latest version of AGIS. It might be not working for you any more as we have removed your crafting system in our release and have found if its there it creates errors for people installing latest version of Atavism.

16. SIV

SIV

Hey,
    Is there a way to allow claiming/building on specific areas only ? to limit the players, so if i want to make a road/path between houses, it will be much easier if there is a way to tell the player if the spot is ok or not for building.
    Also allowing only the owner to enter the house or deciding if he want anyone to enter, or at least if the doors are close only him can open it.

Like ArchAge, its very advanced :)

What do you think ?

Also can we put our own assets for users to use (walls, furnitures etc..) ?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  17. JamesPro

JamesPro

If you wanted to not allow the player to place claims or Objects on a path you could sample the texture at the spot and it's it's the path texture then don't allow the player to place anything there...

As for Permissions there is nothing in place at the moment as far as I know so it would require a Vet. License or higher so you can create your own Custom plugins and create a permissions Plugin for those things.

18. SIV

SIV

Thanks for the replay, can i do that in both cases ?
    Example 1 : player can build on all terrain except the one with Texture A
    Example 2 : player can build ONLY on Texture Z

Right ? if yes then this can solve the problem :)

As for the permission, its ok for now.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  19. JamesPro

JamesPro

It should work for both cases. Of course you would have to write the code your self as the current Building System doesn't allow for that. Also I wouldn't do it for every frame. I would only do the check when the player actually clicks to place the object as I would imagine it would be a pretty intensive check. Also where it would have to be client side there is always the risk the a player could hack the client.

20. cookimage

cookimage

We have crated a script that allows you so set no-claim zones as in places a player cant claim any land on thus not allowing him to build there. It will be available in End of January release. Also you can place claims down before and and sell only the one's you have placed down and not allow players to create their own ones where they want.

21. SIV

SIV

This is amazing !
    In this case it will make the final result (after all slots are bought) look like an organized town/city :D

I just bought the asset and im exciting about it hehe.

By the way, can we put our own assets for users to buy and use ? like walls, furnitures, floor etc ?

22. JamesPro

JamesPro

SIV, yes you can...

These are some houses that can be built in my MMO (Greed Monger) which uses Atavism:

GM_Atavism_Custom_House.jpg

GM_Atavism_Custom_House_1.jpg

GM_Atavism_Sunset.jpg

The first picture is a house I created in game using our Modular Assets. The 2nd image is a complete House Prefab that I placed. The last Screenshot is just a pretty Sunset over looking the water with Mobs running around down by the water.

radar089 and SIV like this.
  23. SIV

SIV

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  24. JamesPro

JamesPro

Not at this time. Most likely you would need to code a Plugin to allow for Game Objects to have states that get sent to all other players when their state changes. So like a Door would have a Locked and Unlocked State and then a Open and Closed State. You would Lock the Door and the state change would be sent to the Plugin where it would be stored and then relayed to all other players. Then once unlocked if you clicked on the door it's state would change to open. which again would be sent and stored in the plugin and then relayed to all other players.

25. cookimage

cookimage

Next update will have script in for additional coordinated effects like click able objects in claims with Atavism so you can open, close doors for instance and so on. We have allot of small scripts being released in end of January update coming out.

26. SIV

SIV

Nice !

27. SIV

SIV

Hello again;
    I changed the database names, actualy i added a prefix so the new database names are prefix_admin, prefix_master, etc..
    I opened each sql files and added the prefix_ to "drop database" "create databse" and "use" lines on top of the file, then i imported them to the proper DB (example prefix_admin)
    In bin folder where should i change that too please ?
    I already changed them in the file "content_admin_connection.ini" is there any other files ?

Also where can i find "UMA for Atavism" and "ATVoxel for Atavism" presented on this video :

P.S the reason why i added a prefix is to group them on the database, also "admin" is a cummon database name to prevent from futur conflict.

Thanks

28. cookimage

cookimage

I would suggest posting on our forums if you are having problems as most developers are on it and help there. I will get Sooms to answer the database questions. Atavism UMA can be downloaded from this link on our forum:

http://www.atavismonline.com/forum/announcements/227-store-uma

AtVoxel is a separate package you have to buy, you do not need it to do building like prefab building is in Atavism itself. AtVoxel is still very early stages in its development. You can see what products we offer from our online store here:

http://www.neojac.com/index.php/component/aceshop/category/36-atavism-online

29. cookimage

cookimage

The Fantasy Armor set 2 is now available on the Developers package in our store so if you have bought this package you can download it from your download section. We have also added our first Icon Package to so you will see Neosland Icons V1 as well in your download section. In this icon package there is around 138 icons to use.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  30. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

So when will the next set be ready? *hides* :p

Seriously though, thanks! Will give me something to play around with this weekend. :)

31. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

hi i just purchased this asset and was following a tutorial series about it, i do believe its unfinished series. but i cant find the

cygwin folder to extract.

is what im following

32. Litwin

Litwin

@cookimage
    Hey, because you do not sell the complete source code?

33. cookimage

cookimage

Best is to follow instructions on Wiki, here is a link to download the cygwin:
    http://atavismonline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_the_server

Litwin, we have a veteran Package on our store which is the next upgrade from Stater License which has AGIS package. That has source code for all plugins so you can create your own systems as you wish. Only source closed is mostly communications stuff which is not needed to create your own systems. If there is something in the closed source code that is needed we tend to open that sections up on requests and add it to the open source code section.

34. Teila

Teila

Jacques, I really like most of the clothing pack. The textures are colorful and I love the wrinkles. The meshes look pretty good.

I do have a few issues though. There are holes in the tops in the back just under the arms of the shirts that cause the skin to show through, even just standing still. This can be remedied easily by creating an arm slot that adds an arm extending from the sleeve to the hand. These would use the body skin.

I have a similar issue with the pants although not quite so bad. Currently the pants, which are great, btw, can only be worn with the boots from your pack. Most of us will want more variety. Because the pants do not come all the way down to the feet and are too full for most boots, you could fix this by adding a leg slot that extends from just above the edge of the pants to the crease with the feet. This way, we can have barefeet with the pants for our peasants too. I tried keeping the leg, but the pants show through when the avatar is moving.

Two rather small issues so not so bad. :) I would make them myself but am using Maya, and there is no tutorial on binding and weighting the skins. I tried, but it didn't work. I do have the arm and leg meshes done but can't get them to look right.

Anyway, thanks and I hope you will consider these fixes. They will make the items more useful for everyone.

35. cookimage

cookimage

Hmm will have a look at the chest piece to see where it comes through, as for legs I thought we fixed it , will have another look again on it as its should be fixed with weights so it can bend, maybe add more polys to it. Will let you know when we have fixed it and did a update, thanks.

36. Teila

Teila

I don't think that is going to help. Are you saying that we should not have to replace the legs? Most clothing replaces the body parts underneath. Adding a bit of arm or leg works much better than keeping the legs underneath and lowers the vertices, since you don't have an entire arm under the clothing.

37. cookimage

cookimage

basically we are designing it to work with Atavism and Neos, will have to see if it works to add more slots to Atavism system so you can choose to add parts. To be honest the UMA body was cut in wrong places in my opinion as you never make gloves that stops at the wrist or boots that stop at where the different parts are cut currently. They should have been cut at elbows and knees.

38. Teila

Teila

It is really easy to cut it at the elbow, knees or anywhere else you need to cut it. I think that developers should be able to do this or hire someone to do it. It took me like 10 minutes. I figured out what I was doing wrong (something simple and dumb) and now my partial legs work fine with your pants. I honestly don't like the boots. The texture stretches a bit on them and they are too bulky. I don't mind fixing them myself though not that it works for me. :)

I understand you made these for Neosworld and that is fine. But some of us are still trying to get our money out of a system we can't use. I would say this pack and the last might add up to $100, based on similar packs in the store with both genders. This latest pack had a lot of textures which is good. Still a far cry from what we spent or from what was promised. ;) But it is a start.

I am looking forward to more. BTW, I have had issues with UMA clothing from other vendors and they have been very helpful and worked with me to fix the problems, even resubmitting fixes and changes. If you are selling these on the asset store, you probably will deal with people like me. Since I know these are for Neosworld, I am a bit more forgiving than if I had paid for them on the store.

I do think they are pretty good though! :) You really need to get your artist to make more and make them for a larger audience. Could be a great way to support your development as long as you offer customer service as well.

39. cookimage

cookimage

Yip easy to cut them, but many that has a clothing change system where you switch clothing out and need to keep the same skin texture on the body part pieces might have a problem. Ill have to have a look at the UMA standard system and maybe release a version that works with our cloths system so that the body parts are all cut at the right places so it will work for developers that switches clothing parts in game. Allot more is coming and hoping to get them out faster.

Teila likes this.
  40. cookimage

cookimage

New hairstyles we are working on.

Teila and VicToMeyeZR like this.
  41. Teila

Teila

Great hair! Can't wait until I can try it. :)

The cut arm and leg pieces would still use the body skin so it would be the same color as the other skin colors on the avatar. If you set it so it uses the same texture, it will change colors whenever you change that texture. WillB's ranger outfit is a good example. He has body pieces with his clothing such as leg parts, arm parts and even stomach and neck on some. They work very well.

42. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

how did you manage to build a house with this, i still haven't figured that out yet along side with the Spell system and skills.

also i found there is an updates folder i just purchased this asset in hopes it has come a long way after reading mixed reviews. i see its still in its early stages with a lot of bugs with player and GUI it self.

after checking the wiki there has been a lot of confusing information and hardly any relating how to change the GUI template to customise it E.G Health mana XP bar and bags to our own.

also i dont like how there are so many skills i want to make mine just very basic Health mana Strength Agil Spell power and possibly healing Power. i am unable to find docs through the wiki that explain clearly how to change this data, also when playing around with skills and Spells and classes none seem to work when making the modifier correspond. adding a new class (Mage) it does not show up in teh character Creation screen.

for this example i would suggest looking at Ultimate Inventory & Crafting system, they seem to have this side patterned down extremely well, (just a thought from a user here)

i feel that i am unable to find any info on the building system if anyone has the link to Docs or tutorial on how to get this working properly would be kind, thanks in advanced! looking forward to new update.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  43. radar089

radar089

@cookimage

I have been watching atavism for some time now and I think its going to be the next asset I purchase. I originally set out o make an mmo but since then I have been working on an fps/mine craft survival game with dinosaurs. Bassicly jarrasic park lol... hopefully I can launch my indiegogo soon. So does atavism have built in support for mounts/vehicals? If I purchased it I would want to make a modern day mmorpg.

44. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

at the moment there is nothing special but foundation. i have been testing and trying to get Ativision to run correctly since i had it, i managed to create a local server and get 2 clients talking they worked perfectly on the same PC though i have not tested this with it running a built version on another PC within the same network. theoretically you could make it over a fake network using another piece of software to bridge networks from another IP location so you can play with your friends or test etc. when that software comes to my mind ill let everyone here know what its called. used mainly for WoW private servers.

i managed to get a Spider mob working smoothely, idle, walk (Wander) animations work well.

items and UMA is giving me a few problems, only Walk animation and jump works, no attack animations work on anything i have added mods or player.

have briefly tested NPC's the dialogue system works well. have not yet tested the Questing system. also the looting system works alright, cant look other peoples kills. Xp works and level up. the Spell's and Skills system is buggy, and i have not had any luck finding any docs or tutorials on how to set these up correctly. there are a lot of errors in the build, re downloading and installing including UMA in case i may have gotten a corrupt download. stats seem to work when equipping items.

made a chest piece and equiped added the extra Hp (Havent tested if the item is a higher level than i am or what not.)

currency, havent gotten it to work yet and have not found any docs on how to make it work. have tried adding a value to items killing some mobs obtaining the item and selling to a merchant i made, doesn't sell Quest items or unsellable items. only sells items that have a value. so that works, but comes up with unknown Currency, perhaps an error on my end with the Currency settings,

have not gotten the Building system to work at all, found no docs on it. Documentation is unfinished ( not up to date with current build,)

to anyone wanting to purchase this system i would suggest getting it and learning what is available. a lot of work is needed by the developer, im currently using version 2.2 BETA

though i would not call this asset to be in a BETA form as of yet. with a lot of functionality to be added i would say this is more or less towards the end of an ALPHA phase. (saying so to what is on the roadmap and what is yet to come we know the Devs are 2 months behind as stated in an earlier post.)

all in all i have enjoyed the learning curve for MMO's using this asset. and for the price i think it is worth it when it is completed or has the current content working as expected.

Edit: Software i was thinking of is Hamachi, A VPN Network

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    radar089 likes this.
  45. radar089

radar089

I'm willing to give it a shot. Since I started this journey all I have done is learned and learned. Now I enjoy learning when before it was a chore. I come from a medical background lol... so I don't mind if its not 100% yet. As long as the devs stay in touch with the community.

46. cookimage

cookimage

aquilinajake, here is some documentation you might have missed on most of those things:

Setting up stats like health and so forth:
    http://www.atavismonline.com/home/root/gnunews/atavism-blog/entry/vitality-stats

Creating effects:
    http://www.atavismonline.com/home/root/gnunews/atavism-blog/entry/creating-a-damage-over-time-effect

Creating Dialog:
    http://www.atavismonline.com/home/root/gnunews/atavism-blog/entry/dialogues

Here is a bunch of Blog posts explaining some things:
    http://www.atavismonline.com/home/root/gnunews/atavism-blog

Here is a link to our wiki with around 100 pages:
    http://atavismonline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=Home

A more detailed explanation on some plugins can be found here:
    http://atavismonline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=atavism_unity_editor_ref

Also best place to get help is usually on our forums:
    Here is a link to a forum section for UI and has samples the community has made to create your own UI with NGUI:
    http://www.atavismonline.com/forum/tutorials/513-ngui-tutorials

All systems that's in Atavsim plugins editor has been tested thoroughly by our testers group and works fine. If you are stuck on something we have a very active community that can help. If you can't get it working we our selfs are more than willing to help you. As this is such a huge project with so many different things in it and so much more being added we still have a lot of documentation to be done, but what ever we have in at the moment can be used and there is help out there to get you going.

radar089 likes this.
  47. radar089

radar089

@cookimage

Responses like those are why I support atavism. After taxes I am going to buy in. I will have a new tower also :)

48. JamesPro

JamesPro

Looks like Jacques (CookImage) supplied you with a bunch of links which is good cause I can't help you with those things. As for the Building how to build houses and stuff I posted a small tutorial for someone else on Atavism's forum which should be of help to you.

http://www.atavismonline.com/forum/...g-down-prefab-at-runtime?limitstart=0&start=6

As for Greed Monger's use of Atavism we USED it for our Prototype to test out how we want things and now we are moving our code over to our own Framework. It's not at all uncommon for Companies to use one framework for prototyping while they work on their own custom in house frameworks.

49. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

thank you so very much, for the links i have searched almost everywhere and not one of those links came up apart from the wiki whitch i went through, i have not been able to create an account on your forum so that's why i still post here
    have tried a few times to create an account and when i click create account nothing happens.

thanks again for those links, will be going through them now, also one last question that may seem silly, but i read that you mention about updating Ativism, i downloaded it from the asset store, in my folder i have an updates folder, you say we need to run things to install teh updates individually, does that apply to a clean install from the asset store, and also if a link wasnt provided on how to do the update install could you provide a link please. i checked at the Wiki and that doesnt give much detail there about updating Atavism.

50. cookimage

cookimage

Clean instal from Asset store or from our website you do not need to do any update. To get installation information you can look at the change logs, we usually post in it how to up date from previous version if you are not doing a fresh install. Also you can see whats being added to next release coming in that releases change log. Here is a link to the change log:

http://atavismonline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=changelogs

As for registering on our forum, we have a bug where it wont work if you click the registration button, all you have to do when you get to that point is press your enter button on your keyboard. We are hoping to get this fixed this week.