Search Unity

Atavism by Neojac

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cookimage, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Moerk75

Moerk75

About physics here is a video that illustrates my concern about atavism.

And when you talk about too much being server site for tech/cost reasons, what about the issues addressed in this video? This is the last time I will raise my concern about this, but I do want us to be on the same page when talking about this. Please be specific as this is important.

2. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

One of the issues here being, they are using PhysX. And they mention. Nvidia helped them a TON from 2 years back to help them get it right... That's the key. Its not that easy.

3. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

yup,

the only way to achieve this is to use uLink server, you will get physics server side, a 100% authoritative server, no other way.

4. Sphelps

Sphelps

I see allot of work being done with neosland but not much being done with the engine itself

5. cookimage

cookimage

Actually you are wrong, everything that's done for Neos Land is done in Atavism as Neos Land is our testing ground for Atavism. We find bugs much easier when we are using Atavism in a proper real game and thus keep fixing them in Atavism. Also everything we put into Neos Land as systems gets released with Atavism. The next release will have a ton of things fixed and added that's directly linked to the work we have done with Neos Land

VicToMeyeZR likes this.
  6. Sphelps

Sphelps

Never been so happy to be proven wrong
    But is has been 2 months and no update, 1 month no activity on the blog

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    VicToMeyeZR likes this.
  7. cookimage

cookimage

That is correct, we are doing less frequent updates to make it easier on developers so they don't keep updating but put more into the updates. Next one has a big list of fixes and things added.

8. Ebolinux

Ebolinux

I'm one of the dev's helping test the next atavism update. Its a big update & is looking really great! I have been very impressed with the guys from Atavism. They are very friendly, helpful, and have been working hard to get it done. They are doing a great job. It takes work and time to get this stuff done. It does not happen over night but it is most defiantly getting done.

Magiichan likes this.
  9. toloo

toloo

How long should I wait !!!!

upload_2014-10-25_23-4-12.png

10. cookimage

cookimage

I have send you 4 emails the past few days explaining to you that you are using the wrong email to login to Atavism as that's not the email address you have registered with. I will send you a PM here in Unity as well with the details of the right email you resisted for with Atavism.

Magiichan likes this.
  11. boco

boco

Quick question I have for you guys I'm working on a team here and we're using Atavism for the MMO portion. How do I instantiate scene items into the world? I was curious as I'm creating a custom script to allow admins to place objects into the world. I been trying to get my script working but not sure how Atavism handles scene object creation.

12. cookimage

cookimage

I am wondering why you are making custom script to place objects in the world when we already have a claim system that allows you to place objects in the world that's synced over the network. Unless you are placing a ton of objects down like building the whole world? In the Atavism Editor you create the Item (the UI that's will be the object)and at the button you can add ability or anything pretty much to that item. You choose the object option . It will then save that item and link it to that object. Then when you click on the item in your inventory it will spawn the object in the world and you can move it around to place it. Now that only works if you own the claim. Hmm so you actually want GM to place objects in the world that's not claimed? Also what type of objects will they be placing down? If its objects players can interact with like a chest that's gives you items then you will make that object rather a static mob and can use the mob spawner to place that object down like you do with normal mob.

13. JamesPro

JamesPro

Well he said Admins... The Claim system is for Players. It sounds to me like he does mean he wants admin's to be able to build the world in game.

Jacques, please add me back on Skype. I would like to discuss some things with you...

14. boco

boco

I spoke with Andrew last night and he confirmed what you just said. I'm building an admin UI to place scene objects into the world that isn't depended on the claim system but if I must use the claim system to place scene objects down I will do this. Alright will do I'm just trying to work within the system as I know network solutions have their own way of spawning objects into the scene. I just want to know the steps so I can do my job heheh.

by scene objects I mean like trees, rocks, Buildings etc.. as my boss wishes to have a custom Admin Tool to allow our GMs/Admins to build the world within the game itself it would seem.

oh another question if I have to use the claim system could I make a admin layered claim that only admins utilize and see? I mean I want users to see the changes the admins make but the claim itself is only accessible and viewable by admins of the game.

Skpe : ThomasAnthonyBaca

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  15. neff11

neff11

2 questions.
    1- wld u can share source of this game as template for our atavism?
    2- u plain to make patch with new features for atavism?

16. cookimage

cookimage

New patch will have all updates that's in Neos, and that means everything we have in Neos Land in regards to server code is in Atavism as that's what we use for Neos Land.

VicToMeyeZR likes this.
  17. neff11

neff11

Yeeeeeah!! I love us neojac fcking awespme <3 u got a happy client and this 'll make me continue with us for a long

18. cookimage

cookimage

For those who got the Developers package from our website, here is some images of next Assets that will be released soon:

19. cookimage

cookimage

A developer using Atavism has posted a Blog on our Blog section explaining combat and how to customize the system to what you want. Very interesting read for those looking to change the default combat calculations and so forth. It does require the veteran License to do so though as it needs server side changes if you really want to change it for your self that much.

AGIS Combat Traces

20. boco

boco

Excellent I'm working on combat as we speak so this will be useful to me.

21. Wibo

Wibo

Goodmorning,

I am trying to set up the server, everything works untill i get to the last part. Running the auth and world server works, when loading the world server i get this:

Can you tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance,
    ~Wibo

22. cookimage

cookimage

first things, can you make sure you stopped the server before you start it up again. Sometimes a person forgets to stop it before they restart it and can cause problems. Best way to make sure is put your computer of and on again to ensure the proses is stopped.

23. Bumblefuck

Bumblefuck

Check your logs and read posts on the support forums, this has been covered MANY times there.

24. neff11

neff11

Lot of people got this problem including me and continue with it, im with the problem since 3 months ago i buy it

25. Wibo

Wibo

Thanks guys, i checked the support forum and i got it fixed. i reinstalled mySQL and re-downloaded the package, started over again, it now works for me :)

26. Dogcomplex

Dogcomplex

Question, is there Unity 5 support? If not when will there be?

27. cookimage

cookimage

Unity 5 is not out yet, also we wont be porting to it till we have completed everything we need to for current version of Atavism. That being said, we haven't tested Atavism on Unity 5 yet so don't know if it will work with unity 5 currently either. We do know it works with all Unity 4 versions currently.

28. williamian

williamian

I have been following these threads and this project and have have not yet purchased it, so cannot comment on what is in or not or working or not and I believe first hand knowledge is paramount to making any useful comments.

This system, if it can do now or soon what it claims is perfect for my project.

It seems from many posts that their are a number of people that take a dim view on how advertising, implementation of features and following their plan have been handled.

I am a programmer, games and otherwise, have worked independently, with companies and small teams.

This is a fluid and ever changing profession, they are learning, like many of us as we go along. We all have our own ideas and ways to implement them. Just because they are not adhering to what you consider industry standards does not make it wrong, it is simply what you now expect. Industry standards are just a basic outline of the accepted way things are done, NOT the de facto last last word. If you do not like the way they are doing it, that is your opinion.

Bottom line is, this is a work in progress as is most software, one that has huge potential, and seems to be supported by a very dedicated team.

In the end, this is just a tool, and the tools ultimatley will not make the game. If your game is not unique, in story, character, gameplay, etc the tools ultimatley will not matter.

I have no doubt they will add all advertised systems in a working manner and will improve documentation., and it would seem they have every intent on continuing to do just that.

I am a big picture kinda guy, and if this tool helps me create my world and tell my story, then it will have my support and money

Remember, it is not the journey that is as important as the destination, I for one am eagerly awaiting theirs. Just my opinion.

29. williamian

williamian

1. In one post you mentioned that a basic starter package would be free, is that still the case, I hope???

2. I another you mentioned that it would cost 45.00 for the same starter package, is that still available???

I am sure it is very much worth the 70.00 current price and more, but as it is the perfect package for the direction of my project and I am currently tapped for funds, I would love to get started porting over as soon as possible.

3. My main goal is to have a series of single player games that will tell a storyline over several chapters, after the initial storyline is finished I will be implementing your product to turn it into a complete MMO and the current and subsequent storylines will be directly connected to the current and past history of the world and the MMO.

So obviously being able to produce the single player games with the same engine, tools, look and feel is important. Either way, I will be using your system for the MMO side???

4. I design and program on the Mac platform. I know at present you only support Windows, and Linux for server side, will you be implementing Mac server access soon, I hope???

5. I wanted to make sure that I saw in the videos, you have mini-map and world map options built in???

6. I did not see or hear any talk about adding and manipulating sound FX and music???

7. Do you currently have a detailed manual that covers all he different modules, if so, may I please have the link???

8. Do you have a section here or on your site, or any information on already created or panned plugins for adding additional features???

9. I intend to use UniStorm, what is the price for the plugin and where can I find it???

10. I plan and adding multi unit turn based combat, I wanted to use -

Turn Based Battle System-
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18940

TurnBased-ToolKit (TBTK)-
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10686

Would I need any server based code or plugin for use???

30. cookimage

cookimage

I am thinking you might be looking at someone else videos or engine, can you link me directly to the post where I stated it would be free, as well I cant recall us ever posting a video with a minimap. All the other questions I answered to the email you send me thanks.

31. neff11

neff11

Today patch release?

32. cookimage

cookimage

Yes we are releasing 2.2 today. As soon as its ready ill let everyone know here and on our forum.

VicToMeyeZR likes this.
  33. cookimage

cookimage

We have released Atavism 2.2 to our store and am waiting for Unity's approve for the new update for Unitys Asset Store. When you login to your account you can download the current server and client from your account. It has the same name as before but after you have downloaded it you will see the name on your system will be Atavism 2.2 . There is also a updated UMA download which you will need to update as well. AtVoxel 2.2 will be released tomorrow to work with the new version of Atavism, if you are using AtVoxel please wait till tomorrow to update your server and client. Make sure to Backup your project before Updating! Also check the file size after you have downloaded it to make sure its the same size as the download size online, as some times if your internet is slow you might not get the whole file.

Please follow the instructions to update your Atavism server and client that's on the ChangeLogs page.

ChangeLog Atavism Beta 2.2

UMA Download Forum Link

ChangeLog Atavism Beta 2.2
    Minor Changes / Improvements
    Log Management - Optimization
    - A new Logger system has been added in to the Atavism Core to allow management of logs. This was added to fix the slow downs games were experiencing when too many logs were being written. The level of logging can be managed in the Login scene by clicking on the Atavism Core object.
    - By setting logging level to Warning or Error any slow downs in combat or mob loading will be greatly reduced.

Player Movement
    - Players are now able to swim and fly with the management of the follow_terrain and movement_state properties opened up. Swimming is not fully supported as it currently only allows the setting of one water height (good for oceans, but not for rivers and lakes). Proper water zone management will be added in a future release.
    - The effect of gravity on a player/mob can be controlled by altering the follow_terrain property. One built in example is the /fly command allowing admin users to fly around their world.

Stats
    - Updated Damage and Restore Effects to use the list of vitality stats for their Damage/Restore property rather than the hard coded health/mana.
    - Renamed Heal Effects to Restore Effects to better represent what they are used for (Restoring any vitality stat).
    - Added Shift-Reverse code to allow Vitality stats to go into reverse mode when its requirements aren't met (such as breathing).
    - Added attack_speed stat to control delay between auto-attacks.

Asset Loading
    - Loading in prefabs and other resources no longer require being in the Assets/Resources folder but still need to be inside a Resources folder somewhere in the project. This allows developers to better define the locations of assets in there game.
    - For example, a mob prefab could now be in the Assets/Resources/Mobs/Beasts/ folder or in Assets/Mobs/Resources/Beasts (or anywhere else, as long as there is a resources folder somewhere in the path).
    - Developers who are using the Atavism from the Unity store will no longer encounter issues with new mobs etc. due to this fix.

Population Control - Instancing
    - Worlds (Instances) can now have population limits set. When a player logs into a full instance a new copy of the instance is created and the player is inserted into that new instance.
    - An Instance with a population limit of -1 can have unlimited users (to the server limit - currently unknown).

Other
    - Added a new Flat Damage Effect which ignores all other variables and applies exactly the damage specified.
    - Implemented the hitRange property allowing mobs to attack from different ranges based on their setting. This is set in the Mobs Plugin in the Atavism Editor.
    - Snapping has been added to the World Building system. It snaps to the nearest half meter distance on the x/z axes.
    - Currency items have been added which get converted into a currency on pickup. This allows the looting of currency from mobs.
    - Additional Markers can now be added to an Instance in the Instance plugin. By adding a marker with a new name, developers can teleport around their island by typing /goto <marker_name>
    - The client will now disconnect and return to the Login Scene when it has not received a message from the server for 20 seconds.
    - Claim objects are now stored relative to the claim rather than actual world coordinates.
    - Tooltips have been added as a new UI Script which allows the controlling of their ui-depth. This fixes the issue where they were being drawn behind other UI.
    - Item Stats are now displayed on the item tooltips.

Fixes
    Major
    - The issue where players sometimes weren't seeing other players has been fixed (hooray!).
    - The issue where the server would require a restart after a few hours of inactivity has been resolved. The exact length the server can stay running while unused has not been determined yet, but it is at minimum 24 hours.

Minor
    - Fixed an issue with character template creation that was preventing new templates being created.
    - Fixed an issue where making new stats wasn't going to the edit screen upon successful creation.
    - Fixed an issue where mobs and players were spawning at the wrong position (MobController3D)
    - Fixed an issue where the rotation of objects added to claims was being loaded wrong on the client.
    - Fixed a bug that was causing chat to sometimes not work in the client.
    - Fixed an issue where a merchant table wouldn't be sent to the player if the NPC also had a chat dialogue and no other interactions.
    - Fixed an issue that would cause a skill to stop levelling when it has no stat set in one of the stat properties.
    - Fixed an issue that would cause combat to freeze due to Result Effects. These weren't being used at the current state (need to be redesigned) so have been temporarily removed.
    - Removed the ability learned requirement for auto attack abilities.
    - Fixed an issue where the jump animation stopped playing (in the legacy animation system).
    - Fixed an issue where if a claim object's collider was on a child it wouldn't be selectable.
    - Fixed the issue where players and Mobs were colliding.
    - Fixed an issue where the action bar may sometimes not populate when changing instances.
    - The Atavism editor now scrolls back to the top when entering the Mob Loot window.
    - Fixed an issue where you could not visit a child dialogue by clicking the Edit Dialogue button in the parent.
    - Fixed an issue that caused the wrong Quest ID for the Quest Prereq setting to be saved to the database.
    - Fixed an issue with the Atavism Editor where newly created Dialogues, Factions, Effects and possibly other items weren't selectable right after creating them.
    - Fixed an issue with StatEffects where the stat was not being returned to normal upon logout (this resulted in the stat being left permanently modified, such as always running faster).

Known Issues
    None

34. Jaimi

Jaimi

35. cookimage

cookimage

hmm release notes is on same website, so I am pretty sure its ok. Are you not registered on our forum as you can go to it through there well.

36. cookimage

cookimage

The latest update, Atavism 2.2 is now available on the Unity asset store as well.

37. Russia86

Russia86

Hello, I want preobresti version for $ 270 if I could do a project with MMOFPS know Target system? The creation of clans, leveling, kvsty game in the style of postapokalipsisa

38. Russia86

Russia86

It would be great if there was a FAQ on Russian language

39. cookimage

cookimage

Only way to do a semi FPS style game with Atavism is with Soft targeting system which will be coming soon as Atavism does not support a twitch based targeting system.

40. Russia86

Russia86

such a project can not be done? I apologize for the link. Wish that you had predstovlenie what I write

41. cookimage

cookimage

No that's twitch based combat and requires a physics engine which Atavism does not have.

42. SIV

SIV

Hello,
    Can we use the system to make 3D virtual world ? where there is no fights or anything like that, just interaction with the envirnements and the player + housing and chat.

Also what about crafting ? the system already have it ?

43. cookimage

cookimage

Hi, yes you can make a 3D world with interaction and housing and chat and without fighting with Atavism. We have a very basic crafting system in place at the moment but will be increasing it in next few updates.

44. williamian

williamian

Server issues-

Hey, I am having the same problem, any fix???
    I am using Wampserver and Cygwin, everything looks fine but when I run ./auth.sh -v -C start and world, I never get the finished initializing message and running status always reports nothing running despite getting successes after running both auth and world, HELP.
    Thanks.
    ——
    AtVoxel Issues.
    Are there in depth instructions for AtVoxel- Stand alone and Ativism AtVoxel?
    Are there any differences between the two?
    I am trying to set up the stand alone, has anyone done that yet, if so, could you share how you did it, 2 main problems so far, my player spawns below the land and the Atavism fix will not work as there is no instances plugin to use to set the x,y,z. I also get the following error-
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AtVoxelEditing.GetHitLocation () (at Assets/Terrain/AtVoxelEditing.cs:239)
    AtVoxelEditing.Update () (at Assets/Terrain/AtVoxelEditing.cs:161)
    I am not sure what is is referencing?
    The Ui for the standalone does not look anything like the UI for NeosLand, was it built specifically for it?
    After you create a land and scene, can you save it, create a pre-fab with it, how does that work.
    Thanks.

45. cookimage

cookimage

Hi williamian, I send you my Skype info, add me and I can help you with that.

46. neff11

neff11

Make sure this: installed jdk, uploaded the 4 sql files and wamp server is online.

47. williamian

williamian

Got the local sever working, thanks to Sooms,

Atavism questions.

Hey, some questions/problems-

Priority Questions

1. I have the plugins editor docked next to game/scene, every time I hit the plugin in editor it expands, I understand why, but, when I go back to game/scene tab it stays expanded and when I manually raise the project/inspector panes I lose the ability to scroll or scroll all the way down to see or use certain things???

2. Every time I hit play, the plugins tab goes back to login and I have to either re-enter info or use the windows drop down to open it again???

3. Nothing seems to save in the instance and player plugin, I have put in the knight as object in the second tab for existing main world and player plugin and save, after play, it is gone, I even reset server to see if that was the issue???

4. I have removed everything from main world except main camera/UI, added a plane and light, set it at 0,0,0, added knight as object to instance and player at 0,0,0, saved, and he still spawns nowhere near plane???

A. I have created one account, it does not show up in the accounts plugin to modify???

B. How do I set up my player to use mechanism animation, your controller seems to only work with legacy???

-----------------------------------

5. Can your controller handle click to move and keyboard/joystick???

6. Can you remap keyboard commands???

7. The default UI, can the elements, be hidden via keyboard/mouse click???

8. Are you planning to add a mini/map system???

9. I know you can use skills from the actionbar, can you increase the size of the bar elements and can you add useable items to it like potions, etc???

10. Can you use items directly from the inventory menu and can you set a skill or attack to trigger on mouse click on enemy/object???

48. cookimage

cookimage

Hi: Answers:
    1,2) We will have to test that as we have never tested docking the editor just having it open in its own window.
    3, 4 ) I think you have not setup your database plugin correctly, if you click on the edit tab in instances does the main world instance show up?
    5) Yes, you will have to code it yourself though using AGIS which comes with veteran License. There is a sample done but it still needs some work.
    6) Yes you can.
    7, 9) Yes that's coded UI so you can edit the code for UI np yourself to do that.
    8) No not at the current stage, that's a UI system which you could easily code yourself in .
    10) Yes

49. JamesPro

JamesPro

Any one have any info on AtVoxel? Is it still viable? Still In development? ANY updates at all? Thanks in advance for any updates!

50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Or the Fantasy Armor Pack/Developer Pack assets. It has been almost a month since the last response in the Fantasy Armor Pack thread ( http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/uma-fantasy-armor-package.239806/ ) where it was indicated "Busy putting the package together now and will be on our store in next few days" yet the pack isn't in either place yet. And no response to inquiries. Would be really nice to not have to wait a month for a response... ;)