Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AT+VideoClip | Video Editing

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ambiensvr, Jan 18, 2021.

1. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hi there!
    I'm very happy to share with you our next plugin: AT+VideoClip.
    It takes inspiration from AEC rendering software like Enscape or Twinmotion and lets you create and export edited ready-to-share walkthrough videos inside the Editor at constant framerate.

**UPDATED DESCRIPTION (08/19/2021)**

DISCORD | DOCUMENTATION | YOUTUBE

A new way to record and edit videos
    With AT+VideoClip is like having a Video Editing software inside the Editor.
    It lets you create and record camera sequences with an easy to use UI, without needing an external editing software.

Questions? Bugs? Suggestions?
    Join our Discord Server or post here!

Main Features
    • Video Editor: AT+V lets you create edited videos inside the Unity Editor
    • Exports: AT+V lets you export your videos in 1080p, 4K, Instagram Square, Instagram Story, 360 stereo and 360 mono. You can create your sequence inside the editor and then export one clip after the other without using any external tool.
    • VideoPlayer Clip: using the "VideoPlayer Clip" feature you can add an external mp4 file inside your sequence. Super useful if you want to add a standard intro-outro video clip to your sequence
    • Transitions: With a single press of a button you can create beautiful transitions between clips, no need of external software anymore!
    • Built-In, URP and HDRP support No matter what is your Render Pipeline of choice, the output will be awesome!
    AT+VideoClip is perfect for:
    • AEC Professionals for interior design tours in 4K and 360
    • Level Designers and Environment artists to record a video sequence to showcase the project with the team or for portfolio

**ORIGINAL POST (01/18/2021)**

Here's a video of the plugin in action:

And here's the output file directly exported from the plugin:

http://bit.ly/ATVideoClip_OutPut

We're going to submit the asset very soon and the idea is to to give a 50% discount for early adopters with a final target price arount 70$.

What you can do:
    - Create multiple Video Projects per scene.
    - Create Multiple VideoClips per project with transitions
    - Create Multiple KeyFrames per VideoClips just by moving the sceneview camera
    - Preview the Camera movement before pressing play
    - Record and export the Video in different Video Resolutions (4K, 1080P, Instagram stories & square format or custom res)
    - Current Available Transitions:
    - Dip To Black
    - Dip To White

Planned features:
    - Multiple Transitions:
    - Cross Fade/Dissolve
    - Slide
    - Camera Post Processing effects support (ie. animate DoF, bloom inside KeyFrames)
    - GameObject transform support (ie. move the sun inside KeyFrames, deactivate objects...)

Any feedback is super appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  2. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Another video!

The plugin has been submitted for review a week ago, can't wait for the release!

3. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

4. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Update v1.1 is online with minor bugfixes!

5. Leaporre

Leaporre

Hi Ambiens, Thank you for this tool. I have found that the 4K export quality isn't optimal on my project and doesn't look at smooth as the default video at all. Are you depending on the Unity Recorder? Because I wanted a tool that would give me a better resolution than Unity Recorder, so that the 4K footage actually looks like 4K.
    Thanks

6. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hi! Thank you for using AT+V!
    Can you provide me a comparison with the expected result and/or more tech details?
    Please join us on discord bit.ly/avrdiscord we’ll be super happy to understand and fix the issue ASAP!

7. xkingjohnx

xkingjohnx

hi there,
    is this available at runtime (in a build) is there maybe an API-doc available or do you support the features at runtime?

DragonCoder likes this.
  8. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hi! I saw your post on the discord server, I’ll reply also there :)
    The plugin is very young so there might be lots of changes, this is why for the moment there’s no developer documentation.
    It’s definitely possible to have it working at runtime and we’re pleased to add any functionality you want if you explain what you want to do :)

9. MarvinOras

MarvinOras

Congrats, this looks promising already!

A view questions:

a) it seems to be possible to realize full camera stops. You haven´t showed this in your videos, but I guess when you place the camera at the position you want it to stop and then click the «add keyframe» plus sign twice, it actually should stop. Can you confirm this?

b) is it possible to have camera rotation in the keyframes? Again, you haven´t discussed it in your demo videos. This would be, for example, a natural behaviour during (camera) flights.

c) a typical task inside a video editor program is the ability to change the order of video clips. For example one could want the third clip in the timeline at the second position. Is this possible already?

d) it´s cool to have transitions between the video clips, but sometimes that is not enough. Especially when someone is trying to sync the video to music, it would be necessary to have the possibility to cut a clip, so that the clip transition comes at the right moment in the song.

e) before I forget: I guess when a trigger (or box volume) is placed in the way of the camera, one could have animations / change of post FX too? I´m asking because in your indoor demo video you let the camera just move through the door glass instead of open the door first;-)
    Thanks

ambiensvr likes this.
  10. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Thank you!!

Yes exactly!
    You can see this here around 4:50

If you add more keyframes the camera doesnt move.

Yes! Same link above, if you only move the camera between keyframes you'll get a camera rotation

We added this in the latest version :)

Well you can use the timing for the clip and the transition to get the right cut. Audio is an interesting topic and we're discussing this on our discord server-> bit.ly/avrdiscord

Absolutely! We dont want to "overcharge" the UI because we're focusing a lot on UX for this asset but the camera is a gameobject like any other in the scene and you can add any script you want! We're going to add callbacks for more advanced tasks in the future!

11. MarvinOras

MarvinOras

Thanks for your answers – this sounds great!

After sleeping over it, I would say, that my request (d) isn´t well thought out. When I see it right, the duration of the video clips can be changed at any time. When one wants to sync to music, one would analyse the music track first. When, let´s say, the magic moment in the musical piece happens at second 21, one would just have to make sure, that the total lengths of the previous clips would be 20 seconds.

But let´s discuss the timeline for a moment. In the demo videos I can see that every clip has it´s own timeline, represented by lines only. Additional numbers (like 5, 10, 15...) would be helpful. I´m guessing that every movie clip does start by second zero. Therefore, when one is working on a movie clip, an additional master timeline, which would reveal the absolute time position, would be great.
    Thanks.

12. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Ah yes! That's a good idea!
    My idea was to add a "compressed view" without all clips and keyframe controls and add more "stuff" there.

The focus for AT+V is User Experience, we can add all features we want but if we don't find the way to add them to the User Interface without creating "noise" we're not going to add them :D

13. Leaporre

Leaporre

Hi Ambiens, I was wondering if there's a way to opt out for the new fade to black transition. I've been using it since before and for what I do it's really not helpful, but if there was a way we could either choose the fade to black or no transition would be amazing!

ambiensvr likes this.
  14. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hi thank you for your feedback! Will definitely add a global option for that.
    In the meantime if you want to edit the default behaviour you get when you create a clip search for "MTransition" in the project, open the .cs script and change line 19. The default now is dipToBlack, you can change it to none to get the default transition to none :) Hope it helps!

15. Leaporre

Leaporre

thanks a lot! Honestly such a great tool, it offers to visual artists like myself something very intuitive to make videos, which is otherwise pretty painful (and I love love the Instagram story option, such a great idea). You don't know how much time it saved me and also how it opened up possibilities in my work. I'll write you a review too!
    Just a little thing, when I set the video to be instagram story and I just watch it it still appears as regular view. I can only see how the format looks like when exporting (which is fine because it's sooo quick to export) but in case you wanted to make an adjustment, that would be it for me!

ambiensvr likes this.
  16. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Oh wow thanks a lot!!

And thanks again for reporting the error!! Added to the todo list! :D

17. MarvinOras

MarvinOras

Bought the asset yesterday.
    I love the overall concept, which gives you total control how the keyframes should look before actually creating them.

Of course I already tested the «come to a full stop» option. Right now, there seems to be a strange behaviour just before the full stop is reached, where the camera is moving a bit backwards (like it would take a step back). Hope that will be fixed.

When I was writing about camera rotation in my first article I was thinking about, for example, a flying bird in the wind, stretching out one wing higher than the other. Is a change of the rotation x value really already possible? At least I could´t find it. Instead I was able to animate the rotation x value of the whole environment (as a workaround). I know this is funny, but the camera cannot be animated. Otherwise the AT Video Clip Player script would not work anymore.

18. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Thank you!!!

Yes! This is crucial and we discussed on discord about a solution. Right now we are basically generating a curve for the movement BUT we are not setting any parameter for that curve, it should be an easy one and generally speacking we also plan to expose the curves between frames to give full control with the UI.

AH YES! Sorry I didn't understand! No, it's not possible right now because we use the Unity Scene camera for the movement and that camera does not support that rotation. Another user asked for that so I think we should add this to the schedule!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!
    It really helps us.

19. Leaporre

Leaporre

Hi Ambiens, I'm working on a new project and the Tools Menu won't appear, so I can't open your plugin. Do you know what I should do? :) (btw I've tried to switch the Project to 2019.3 to .4 and 2020.1 too and still won't appear)

20. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hey hi! Usually this happens when there's an error in the console, even if it's not VideoClip the problem!
    Open the console, press clear and enable errors if you can't see them and send us a screenshot!

21. Leaporre

Leaporre

Thank you so much! :)

ambiensvr likes this.
  22. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Uploading v1.2 now in the vip channel of our discord server, publicly available soon!

Little preview video:

Full changelog:
    NEW FEATURES
    - native 360 and 360 Stereo video export (beta)
    - added the ability to preview only one clip

UI/UX IMPROVEMENTS
    - removed the connection between the list of the video projects and the scene so you can use the same video project in more than a scene (ie. night and day or WIP of a scene)
    - reorganized the "project settings" and "delete project" buttons position
    - now the main camera (game view) will reflect the movement of the scene view
    - now when you go in play the VideoClip UI shows you the current clip progress
    - Added Confirm dialogs for project and clip delete actions
    - Added the ability to rename projects
    - Added an auto scroll horizontal feature

BUGFIX
    - fixed the timeline movement
    - fixed the isssue that was causing the sceneview camera to not move in the right position when selecting a keyframe

WHAT'S NEXT
    - (1.3) VideoClip Types: we're going to introduce multiple videoclips types, the first one will be VideoPlayerClip so you can add an external mp4 file without additional softwares (useful for intro/outro clips)
    - (1.3) Multiple Recorder Backend: we're going to add the ability to choose between different recording backends. The first one will be AVPro MovieCapture.
    - (1.4) KeyFrame curves editor: we're going to give you full control over the camera movements with additional options for KeyFrame.
    - (1.5) PostProcessing support
    - (1.6) Audio features

23. MarvinOras

MarvinOras

That forthcoming ability to include prerendered video clips will definitely be a welcome addition! And thanks for the «what´s next»-list!

ambiensvr likes this.
  24. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Sneak peek at 1.3 new "VideoPlayer" Clip type.
    You can add a video clip instead of a camera sequence and mix them inside the editor.
    Working with Unity VideoPlayer inside the editor while the Recorder is working is more difficult then I thought.

25. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

26. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

This looks great- I have a game on Steam that makes animations. I would love to add a video editor to it. I hope this eventually works in builds at runtime :)

ambiensvr likes this.
  27. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hey thanks!
    This is the second time we received this request :D another one and we can seriously consider this feature (or another asset only for this :D )

Right now it's designed to work in the Editor to avoid editing software like premiere.. but who knows :D

28. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Purchased the asset yesterday- its very useful as an in editor NLE sort of tool. Adding runtime usage just adds for more possibilities in our games etc- thanks!

29. vertexx

vertexx

Just got this! Having fun! Just remember to switch off that little "record" switch on the camera component to stop constantly recording! Then you'll only export/record when wanted. I'm using 2019LTS. Maybe on 2020 this switch is normally off? By default it's on and you can suddenly find masses of exports in the Recordings Folder.
    And it might be good to have a red or coloured export/record button? Easy to forget at first.
    The 3D export option seems so good and "usually" works except on some scenes, the reason why this is so, I'm trying to find??
    Any hints on this?
    Otherwise a fantastic and unique product and well done.

30. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hey thank you! And thank you so much also for taking the time for the review, will definitely work to make you change it from 4 to 5 stars :)

Ah, I think I understood the issue! Will check it out for the next release.

For the 360 video we're not super happy right now about this feature but the next update (1.3) is super focused on that specific feature.

Thank you!

Ennio

31. Leaporre

Leaporre

Hi Ambiens,
    Just did the update but I have had something very strange happening... It's only shooting very abstract forms now
    Do you know why that is happening?

Attached Files:

32. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Oh wow! Thank you for the report!

I need more info! Can you tell me more? Like Unity version, plugin version, render pipeline, other plugins?

33. Leaporre

Leaporre

So I have been working with Unity 2019.3.0f6 in standard, and just installed the 1.2 AT+ in another project.
    It was working perfectly with the previous AT+ version so I'm not really sure what happened :(
    I tried many different physical cameras to see if it came from that but still the same abstract effect

34. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hmmm pretty strange! Are you on the discord server? I uploaded a WIP version for a user that was having troubles on macos. Is it possible to you to try it? I'm pretty useless during weekends but maybe this version will fix this problem!

Ennio

35. Leaporre

Leaporre

Hello - just to update you, I re-installed v.1.1.3 of AT+ and works perfectly fine - so it must be something with the 1.2
    I'm on a short deadline so I'll keep working with that for the time being! :) Have a lovely weekend

ambiensvr likes this.
  36. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

Hello, why is a flipped sphere appear in my camera? & how do I remove it?
    Dip to black also not working
    Unity 2019.3.15f1

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  37. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hi there!

AT+VideoClip v1.3 is going online on the vip channel of our Discord Server today (to get access to the vip channel you need to send a PM to user "santennio" with the Invoice Number).
    Here we have a lot of work "under the hood" to support the next iterations.

The main "visible" addition is VideoPlayer Clip, the ability to add Videos (like .mp4 or other compatible formats) to the clip sequence so you can add prerecorded videoclips to your videos and mix them directly inside the editor. VIDEO LINK
    I'm super happy with this especially because we needed to "tweak" the way Unity renders Videos inside the editor.
    You can check the output of a quick test
    here: https://we.tl/t-5BtRn1XmwW
    or here:

WARNING
    The update process from 1.2 to 1.3, if you want to keep your project files, is not "plug and play" but you'll find a procedure here: https://store.ambiensvr.com/l/gzwsQt
    If you care about your project files I strongly encourage you to save a copy of the Unity Project (or git commit+push) before the update, export your AT+V project file first with this package AND with the standard Unity "Export Package" procedure, then install 1.3.
    Only with an export from the Unity "export package" and our exporter I can 99% support you in case of data loss during the upgrade. We designed and tested the exporter but only God knows what's inside your Unity Projects so... <3

LITTLE REFRESH OF THE ROADMAP
    - (1.3) VideoClip Types: we're going to introduce multiple videoclips types, the first one will be VideoPlayerClip so you can add an external mp4 file without additional softwares (useful for intro/outro clips)
    - (̶1̶.̶3̶)̶ (1.3.5) Multiple Recorder Backend: we're going to add the ability to choose between different recording backends. The first one will be AVPro MovieCapture in addition to Unity Recorder.
    - (1.4) KeyFrame curves editor: we're going to give you full control over the camera movements with additional options for KeyFrame.
    - (1.5) PostProcessing support
    - (1.6) Scene Interactions (callbacks from and to the clip sequence)
    - (1.7) Audio features

Thanks again!
    Ennio

38. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hey hey!
    Version 1.3.3 is going online today!

Apart from bugfixes and minor UI improvements we have a new documentation here and here a some new video tutorials below:

Full changelog:
    ***v 1.3.3***
    BUGFIX
    Fixed transitions in 360 videos

***v 1.3.2***
    BUGFIX
    Fixed an error in Unity 2019

***v 1.3.1 ***
    NEW FEATURES
    - added new clip type "VideoPlayer Clip" that lets you add a video sequence to the clip
    UI/UX IMPROVEMENTS
    - complete redesign of the editor with more compact UI and more contrast
    BUGFIX
    - tons of minor bugs
    - fixed the main bug of the video editor scrabbling feature

39. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

I almost forgot!

Tomorrow at 17:00 CET AT+VideoClip will jump from $44.99 to $69.99

Get it now because, well, if you regret it later...

Ennio.

40. thestringer

thestringer

Ironic I am waiting for a Unity Sale before I dip my toes in this interesting asset, any word on any sales?

Santennio likes this.
  41. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hi! No Sales for this asset are planned at the moment :)

42. Leaporre

Leaporre

Hi there, what an amazing tool! I've been using it for a while and it's really awesome. I just have a suggestion or question, would you consider implementing a dynamic Depth Of Field in the recorder? There are things out there but they don't function with the recording... I think it will truly take any recordings to the next level :) Let me know! Thanks a lot

ambiensvr likes this.
  43. ambiensvr

ambiensvr

Hey thanks! Absolutely! We're going to start a development session in a couple of weeks! One of the things we want to add is Post Processing control! :)

44. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Here is your third request :p
    Would love to integrate a video editor into my game/animation-producer which has an advanced replay feature (aka the player can edit the replays inner data to create scenes they want).
    Wouldn't require the camera-control related stuff but instead record the whole screen (simply a provided camera or rendertexture). It would need a start_recording and stop_recording api and then provide those recordings as snippets to assemble and transition between in the video-maker UI you showcased but in-game instead.
    That would be amazing!

ambiensvr likes this.
  45. Leaporre

Leaporre

Amazing! Thank you so much. Can't wait, please keep up updated :)

46. Leaporre

Leaporre

Dear Ambiens, so thankful that you added the take a screenshot functionality, do you think we could have the option to only take images too? (without needing to make a video)
    Just a thought :)
    Thanks a lot!