Search Unity

Asynchronous multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by gamedevluuk, Oct 9, 2015.

1. gamedevluuk

gamedevluuk

Hi devs!

Did some searching through the web, could'nt find anything about async multiplayer support with UNET. In the multiplayer overview I could only find the realtime transport layer and checked the roadmap, nothing there.

Anyone that knows how to do this with UNET or knows if it will be supported in the nearby future?

Thanks,
    Luuk

2. _Adriaan

_Adriaan

So, your question is basically: will Unity offer to store gameplay data that our games can extract from? Good question!

gamedevluuk likes this.
  3. gamedevluuk

gamedevluuk

Correct!

Photon offers this as Photon Turnbased, so does services like Google Play. But as far as I know UNET only supports realtime connections for now.

4. MaZy

MaZy

Well if I understand correctly you could use filesystem to store at somewhere where your server can read it and send between two user. Also you could use mysql for it. You would need something like Masterserver which handles the stored gamedata.

Exitgames from Photon offers it because they have nice backend system for this kind of things and own server where it runs. UNet for now haven't even cloudserver (like Photon Pun).
    So I guess you need to write your own

As you read first it should not much difficult to make it to store gamedata somewhere and send it to user if is needed :p

Edit: Stupid, ofc you can store it in the running masterserver too if you want :D, array, dictionaries.. what ever.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015