Search Unity

Question Associate Programmer Courseware

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by spinpin, May 27, 2021.

1. spinpin

spinpin

Having downloaded the Project Files for Course 1 (Platformer Project), I get this error message:

upload_2021-5-27_19-58-24.png

I used the identical Unity versions specified for opening the project, within the Unity Hub. States on Play that I have to fix the compilation errors, before playback. Any help will be appreciated.

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @spinpin,

I'm sorry that you're running into this problem. Can you tell me which Unity version you are using? (Please be specific, e.g. 2020.3.9f1.) Also, I'm not familiar with the project you are talking about. Can you clarify where you got it from and provide a link, if possible?

3. spinpin

spinpin

Thank you for your reply.
    The course is managed through the G Metrix Skills management system, (Link below).
    https://unity.gmetrix.net/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Courses/Course.aspx
    Here is a link (below) to the certification course itself.
    https://unity.com/products/unity-ce...01.629877612.1622140932-2003744835.1622140932
    My question is regarding the Unity Associate programmer certification. There are only two projects in the course.
    Completed Via Challenges to work within the codeset of an existing project.
    Course 1 Handoff project: Platformer Project simple prototype for a simple 3d platforming game.
    Here features are added to a pre-built platformer project. Cannot load the project files, to work through the challenges.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

4. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @spinpin,

The documentation on the Unity Associate Programmer Certification states that this certification is based on Unity 2019 LTS. You seem to be trying to open the project in Unity 2018 LTS. I suggest you try to install the latest Unity 2019 LTS release (from the Hub) and select that version when opening the project.

5. spinpin

spinpin

Hi there:
    Okay thank you, I will try this and hopefully fly through the course.
    Regards.