Search Unity

Assistance with ground plane

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by witteb, Feb 7, 2018.

1. witteb

witteb

This may be a silly question - but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have worked through the ground plane sample and everything works as advertised. I have been trying to extend the features and have run into some issues. First - I've changed the animation on the character to walk backwards. the idea being once placed in the scene on the ground plane, the character will walk backwards on the plane. The trouble is he appears to be walking backwards, but is stuck to the anchor point so essentially stands still with legs moving. Anyone have ideas on this?

The second feature was attempting to place the object in a random location on the identified ground plane. My assumption is when Vuforia detects a horizontal plane, that plane could extend infinitely in every direction - rather than placing based on the user touching the screen - I was hoping to automatically place the object via script somewhere on the plane - so if the user points phone at the ground when they lift horizontally, the target could be somewhere on the anchored plane. There doesn't appear to be much documentation and trial and error is getting rather frustrating - any help is appreciated!

TheEnemyBoss likes this.