Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question assigning separate 2D bounding box colors for the BoundingBox2DLabeler

Discussion in 'Computer Vision' started by specular12, Feb 15, 2022.

1. specular12

specular12

How can I assign different bounding box colors for the BoundingBox2DLabeler?

2. aryan-mann

aryan-mann

Unity Technologies

Hi @specular12, thanks for using the Perception package!
    Are you referring to having different colors per label during in-editor visualization or in the generated output dataset? In both cases, currently the BoundingBox2DLabeler does not associate colors with labels.

3. specular12

specular12

Thanks for the quick response! I should have been more specific, the editor. The Unity website happens to show colored boxes, which is kind of the norm (https://unity.com/products/computer-vision -scroll down to the 2d labeling section under customizable annotations) I was demo'ing this and wanted it to have a little more sizzle, look more like Yolo. Given the complexities around Global Illumination / sub-surface scattering / fluid dynamics for say, particle effects, I'll bet someone at Unity could code colores boxed per object class/label with one arm tied behind their back in about 2.5 min. :D

On the whole, so far, this package rocks! ...thanks for making the beta available to the community.

StevenBorkman likes this.
  4. aryan-mann

aryan-mann

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the clarification @specular12, noted down as a feature request!