Search Unity

Question Assigning a Marker, on a public field on a Marker.

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by CyRaid, Oct 28, 2021.

1. CyRaid

CyRaid

As the subject says, I can't drag a Marker to the inspector, how would I set (for example, in my case), drag a 'time marker' to the 'travel marker' (which when it reaches it, it rewinds back to the time marker).

Edit: Let's make it a bit more clear. Let's say on TravelMarker you have a serialized field called 'timeMarker', and when it shows up in the inspector, you want to try and click and drag one of your markers to that field, but you can't.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  2. akent99

akent99

I assume you are creating a custom TravelMarker marker class, with a property of type TimeMarker (another custom Marker class you create)? If I have understood correctly, I found this YouTube video helpful putting it all together:

3. CyRaid

CyRaid

Thank you for the reply, though I didn't quite get where he assigned the marker from the timeline to another marker.

4. akent99

akent99

He didn't assign a marker specifically. In your case you would have a property of type "Marker" (or the IMarker interface in inherits from) I assume. I was not sure what you were doing at present from your post, so just making guesses.

5. CyRaid

CyRaid

Oh, I should probably see if I can make my question a bit more clear. Thanks for the feedback on the question!