Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Assetstore download checksum broken

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by imtrobin, Oct 25, 2015.

1. imtrobin

imtrobin

Reporting this happening in 5.2.1, since I can't really get anything bugs reported through QA.

When I download from Assetstore, sometimes the file gets corrupted, but AS download page thinks it is valid (show blue Import button fine) but error when importing.

Then there are two assets (Winter suite and Tanks tutorials) that keeps appearing yellow Update even it has been successfully downloaded. I manually delete the files in cache and redownload and it still appears that there is a new Update.

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Do you have a bug #? Though, this still probably belongs in the Asset Store forum.
    This forum is still more about 5.3 specific bugs & feedback.

3. imtrobin

imtrobin

No, I did not submit bug report. From experience, this kind of bug usually does not pass QA internal procedures and reach the developers, so I thought to mention it here directly.

If it happens on 5.3, then it is still a 5.3 bug, no? What is the specific bugs in 5.3?

4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Yes it's a bug against 5.3, but the purpose of the forum is to get feedback of specific 5.3 focuses.

As for the bug report experience, I suggest you read Thomas' write up on the the 2015 incident bash. Unless reports are rated highly (i.e. complete enough for us to actually address), it might not filter through. Why we ask for a bug # in the forum is we can actually reach through into the system to take a look and see if there's enough to work with anyways.

5. imtrobin

imtrobin

I understand. How should I write this bug report so that it can be filter through? There's no project to share.

I'm glad to write one if you can share with me how I should write it.

6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

It's the combination to make sure: write a good report showing steps to repro, perhaps screenshots and any relevant files attached (not necessarily a project). Then report # here for us to get skip the first normal process filter.

7. imtrobin

imtrobin

Bug id: 741237. In this case, I can't send a repro but I think its pretty obvious (to a developer) what's the issue here.