Search Unity

Assets store Prices increased !

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nadhimali, Apr 22, 2018.

1. nadhimali

nadhimali

Hello..

I'm very sad to say this but, the love Unity provided for Indies is ended by greed.

Why Prices suddenly went crazy in Assets Store ?
    This way, Unity is no more Indies friendly platform and this type of practice will force people to find a better platform.
    Why Unity is trying to force people to buy Plus/Pro subs ?
    I understand that the Company is looking for more income but , do you think we students and indies can pay for Plus or Pro?
    Most unity users are young individuals who tries to find their way and wants to be developers then upgrade to Pro after they get some income.
    I have been learning and teaching others Unity for free for 5 years, which is like free Ads for this Engine, and this is what Unity gave me in return, Sky high prices :-(
    Goodbye Unity

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

It is funny how Unity uses Asset Store publishers as a marketing tool for their product, make them reduce their prices and then sell that as a bonus to Pro users, and all through the Year Unity has Asset Store sales with 50% reductions but do they take 50% of the price of Unity ever?

nadhimali likes this.
  3. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

This is what some player say whenever you charge for things in your game. Turns out you need to make a sustainable income from a product or that product will simply disappear, and no one wants the asset store to simply disappear do they?

theANMATOR2b likes this.