Search Unity

Question Assets marketing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AkilaStudio, Jan 14, 2023.

1. AkilaStudio

AkilaStudio

Hi,

We made an asset called FPS Engine it's going to be renamed to FPS Framework soon because another asset is called FPS Engine anyways

we made that asset in 4 months only I believe we made pretty good job my question is we are not receiving much of attention and our sales is pretty bad not because we don't afford something good but because we don't have much views we have pretty high conversation rate 1% minimum 6% maximum we if we had more views we will have more sales so how can I market this and how can I get some more attention from FPS devs? Is there's anything I can do to get some more views?

Thanks in advance

2. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

1. Not another thread that smells like self promo... We had some for those these days in this subforum.
    2. Give it a more recognizable name. Imagine if Unity were simply called "Game Engine"... It just means people will have trouble referring to it and they also won't remember it if you ever get some significant game to say in their credits "Made with --FPS Engine/Framework--", lol.
    3. People will be hesitant to use the core framework of a 3rd party if it doesn't already have a solid reputation unfortunately and you joined just last year. It just is too big of a chunk of the game and thus either enjoy writing that themselves anyways, or they fear that you may disappear or not provide long term support etc.
    4. Discord support is nice, though you could also add a forum thread to it. That also helps promoting if you provide updates there regularly as some people do surf through that subforum.
    5. Well written, public documentation would be a plus-point as well.
    6. Think the most successful asset store devs provide a higher number of smaller assets.

AkilaStudio likes this.
  3. AkilaStudio

AkilaStudio

So I should do these
    1- public documentation
    2- Renamed the asset like other assets for example Feel it's name is simple, short and easy to remember
    3- make smaller assets instead of a template

I already do the rest discord support & updates
    Also if this thread is self promoted is it bad?

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

It is in wrong general sub forum.
    Assets, made with Unity, or work in progress, are your places to post such threads.

AkilaStudio likes this.
  5. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

The market for "FPS Thing" (where Thing is one of: Framework, Template, Engine, Maker, Builder, Kit, ..) is completely oversaturated. Anyone remotely interested in making an FPS already owns one of the existing ones, possibly even several.

You entered a market as a regular fish where many of your competitors are sharks. If you set out to make an FPS Engine with the sole intention of selling it: very bad call. o_O

As to the asset itself, move the feature list out of the Technical Details. Features should be in the description, technical details is for technical details (ie "not compatible with WebGL" and stuff like that). Few people will actually unfold that section, so it looks like the devs didn't even bother writing an enticing description. ;)

And the catchphrase "save time & money" couldn't be more useless. That's the whole point why people look through the Asset Store. First thing you should tell people is what makes your asset different / better than the competitors.

DragonCoder likes this.