Search Unity

Assets Manager Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by anthonyk, Aug 22, 2018.

1. AppBite

AppBite

Is this working for anyone anymore? I installed it on a new PC, it picks up the .unitypackages from the Downloads folder but doesn't parse the assets within them. I see no models or textures for example in the search results. On my old PC it doesn't find assets within newer purchases.

Looking at the docs it appears to say Assets Manager Pro gets the data from the Asset Store. So I'm wondering if it's Unity now blocking the API calls? changed the API? I've tried copying the .unitypackages to a custom folder and enabling the 'not from store' but that didn't work as a workaround.

2. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

It has been deprecated from the Asset Store so I assume that there were changes to the Asset Store and the author just stopped developing it.

3. exoainteractive

exoainteractive

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, it's been difficult lately, as for many people.

You're right Keith, the asset store is not allowing anymore to have external program, so I made a unity plugin that communicates with it so the package has some unity specific files as well as the software, but they said that it's not fitting anymore with their guidelines. So I decided to put it on gumroad and continue the development when I can :
    https://gumroad.com/l/unity-assets-manager

If you send me your invoice at contact[-at-]exoa.fr I will send you a permanent download link for the latest version and all the future updates.

Hi @AppBite, Yes, the asset store changed lately so nothing was working anymore. Please send me an email and you will get the latest version that covers all the changes!

Thanks Utanipishtim for your kind feedback! I will continue the development, you can get the latest version if you send me an email. I'm still considering releasing the code on GitHub at some point yes ;)