Search Unity

Assets (Complete Projects) which Used ProBuilder

Discussion in 'World Building' started by makaka-org, Aug 7, 2019.

1. makaka-org

makaka-org

If I will upload complete projects to Unity Asset Store, ProBuilder will be uploaded too?

Or I need to do one of this:
    • export all ProBuilder's stuff to obj format
    • write and manual to get the ProBuilder package (issue is that not all people read the manuals in assets).
    • any other life hack
    Thank you.

P.S. I've downloaded ProBuilder into Unity Project using Package Manager & Unity 2019.1.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! ProBuilder exists in your Packages, so it will not be uploaded. You do not need to export as obj/etc, the objects will be fine. However, they will not be editable by ProBuilder, and they will show "Missing Script Component" until the user installs ProBuilder.

Just make sure you do not use the ProBuilder shader/material/texture when uploading, since that is in the Packages folder it will not upload and your models will all be bright pink :) :p

3. makaka-org

makaka-org

If I remove ProBuilder with Package Manager then objects became non-visible, unfortunately. Yep, I don't use ProBuilder shader/material/texture & shaders also.

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! Sorry, I'm attempting but can't repro. Is your scene saved, before you remove the package? Also, I wouldn't recommend removing the package, it's fine to keep it there.

5. makaka-org

makaka-org

Yes, sure, scene is saved.

The solution is: export from pro builder to .obj. And it works without probuilder fine.
    My feature request on this process: add checkbox to export materials (because in my case materials are not needed).