Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback AssetReferenceDrawer feedback

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by phobos2077, Apr 10, 2020.

1. phobos2077

phobos2077

Found some bugs and annoyances in the custom inspector for AssetReference.

Unity version: 2019.3.9f1
    Addressables: 1.7.5

1. Popup window doesn't capture mouse events properly. See below image.

- If I click on the area (1), Add Component button will be triggered and the popup will close (asset will not be selected if it was in that area).
    - If I click on the area (2) - the bottom section of inspector will collapse, because the element behind the popup triggers and captures the click event.
    - If I click on the area (3) - the popup will just close, nothing gets selected.
    - Also just hovering with a mouse you can see that mouse cursor changes to "drag" when over the draggable element BEHIND the popup. Clearly something is wrong here.

2. There's no way to select assets from list with a keyboard (arrows/tab to select, Enter to confirm, like literally all software).

3. Field label is inconsistent with default behavior. For example if field is named "_myField", normally the label will be displayed as "My Field". But here (as visible in image above), it always uses the real name of the field. Ugly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Thanks for flagging this. If you haven't yet, please submit a bug report as well so we can look into this further.

3. phobos2077

phobos2077

Sent, Case 1238602.