Search Unity

Bug AssetReference Arrays Must Be Set Backwards In Inspector!?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by nocanwin, May 11, 2020.

1. nocanwin

nocanwin

This is a strange one. If I have a MonoBehavior or ScriptableObject with multiple AssetReference arrays they must be set backwards in the inspector, otherwise you're unable to change the array count in the next array. So...

public AssetReference[] mTest1;
    public AssetReference[] mTest2;

You must set counts in the order of mTest2, mTest1. If you start with mTest1 and set the count to > 0 and then try to change the count of mTest2 it won't change. An asset selector pops up. If you select something the count will still be 0. Tried restarting the editor/computer. I still get the same behavior.

Unity 2019.2.21f1
    Addressables 1.8.3

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. nocanwin

nocanwin

Already submitted one. Case 1246422. Just posted here to see if anyone else is getting the same behavior.

4. nocanwin

nocanwin

From Unity

"Unfortunately, we no longer support Unity 2019.2, I've testes your issue with Unity 2019.3.14f1 nad Addressables version 1.1.10 and the dropdown opened without any issues. Could you try upgrading any retesting your issue?"

5. nocanwin

nocanwin

Ok, I'm going a little crazy. Unity QA is saying this is fixed in 2019.3, but I just tested it and it's still broken. Can someone please test this in the Editor. It's simple, just make a monobehavior with two public AssetReference arrays. Set the first array to some non zero count. Then try to set the second array to some non zero count. You can't change the value and it pops up a strange selector. Will try to post video later.

6. nocanwin

nocanwin

I'm running 2019.3.f15 and Addressables 1.9.2

@TreyK-47

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  7. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

I actually ran into this same issue with simply using 2 addressable fields in a custom window with a color array underneath. You can get it to work by pressing
    tab
    instead of
    enter

For me it's happening on Unity 2019.1.14 and Addressables 1.8.3

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  8. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

This was definitely a bug introduced with their inspector changes in 1.8.3. I just went back to 1.6.2 and 1.7.5, and this problem did not exist in those versions. I also updated to 1.9.2, and the problem is still there.

9. nocanwin

nocanwin

Thanks @ProtoTerminator ! Changing the count and hitting tab instead of enter worked. It's disappointing that QA didn't even want to look into it. Wonder if the Addressables team is even getting some of these reports. Oh well, I guess that's the state of Unity these days. Community to the rescue!