Search Unity

AssetPipeline V2 breaks DOTS Runtime types

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Guedez, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Guedez

Guedez

Until I updated, I was stopping the default world initialization with UNITY_DISABLE_AUTOMATIC_SYSTEM_BOOTSTRAP, then create my runtime systems and types, then run the world initialization code, and everything would work fine.
    Now the asset pipeline wants a list of all types before I can do that, setting it to "Move Version 1" works, and the project seems to be working just fine besides a error message nagging me every time I enter play mode.

Is there a way to stop AssetPipeline V2 from doing whatever it is doing that requires calling TypeManager.Initialize(), let me make it wait for me to do my thing (Like I do with the world initialization), or even better, let me place a callback on TypeManager.Initialize() that will, no matter what is done in the future or who starts calling it, let me do my thing right before TypeManager gets the types

What does it even needs registering the dots types for? The project seems to work just fine without it, although I don't like using something that states (deprecated) next to it