Search Unity

AssetGroupSchema differences and how to include remote built group in the player?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by hugebug, Oct 3, 2019.

1. hugebug

hugebug

I am using the latest aa (1.2.4) and is confused by the AssetGroupSchemas.
    I wish someone could point out to me the right docs to read.

Here is my progress: I have successfully setup the web server for hosting the remote assets ( I can modfy the asset -> rebuild content -> deploy to server -> the player launch and found the chang -> download the new bundle and show the new asset). But

1. I found each assetgroup could assign 3 different default assetgroupSchemas, what are they for?
    the "BuiltIn Data group" could only be assigned with the "PlayerDataGroupSchema", while the manually generated asset group could be assigned all the 3 default schemas.

2. How could I have my manually generated remote assetgroup (bundles) included in the built player?
    I have tried assigning the "ContentUpdateGroupSchema" and ticked the option "Static Content",
    then assigning "BundledAssetGroupSchema", and ticked the option "Include in Build",
    But the player api "Addressables.GetDownloadSizeAsync("default") " always return a full size of the asset group bundles. It returns 0 after I have run Addressables.DownloadDependenciesAsync("default") successfully once.

I am frustructed for days. Thanks for any help or tips.

2. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

1) Official doc contains a brief for schema.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...manual/AddressableAssetsDevelopmentCycle.html

User created group by default is applying AssetGroupTemplates/Packed Assets, which contains two schemas (BundledAssetGroupSchema and ContentUpdateGroupSchema).

Well, for most cases you won't need to create custom schema.

2) Check out this https://forum.unity.com/threads/almost-nothing-with-addressables-work-for-me.754661/

Specially "player version override", "remote catalog".