Search Unity

AssetBundles and out of memory

Discussion in 'Web' started by FamerJoe, Oct 8, 2015.

1. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

So I have a very basic project with a button that just loads an asset bundle (the asset bundle is small, like 130k).

When press the button, the asset loads fine, and gets instantiated as a gameobject. I also have a kill button that destroys it. If I repeat the process, on the second or 3rd try, I get an out of memory error, which is strange because the memory shouldn't be growing.

I'm using bundle.Unload(true); after I instantiate the asset, which I thought should free up any memory the actual downloaded bundle was using, and Destroy(go) to get rid of the object.

Am I missing something? If I can load it once, shouldn't I be able to load it unlimited times?

2. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Can you look at the Memory Profiler to see where the memory is going (whilst running your content in the Browser)?

3. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

I've had no luck getting the profiler working with WebGL with dev mode + auto connect profiler & firefox, sadly.

4. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

Consistently getting "Sending message header failed" when I try to build & run with auto profiler

5. FamerJoe

FamerJoe