Search Unity

Assetbundles across networked game play

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Southridge1985, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Southridge1985

Southridge1985

Hi everyone, I have a quick question about how to handle assetbundles in multiplayer
    My Mobile Application is built and downloads asset bundles that have unique player GO's for each user(vehicles). Beyond single player (single player racing), I''d like to now make this multiplayer. (free roam race track with triggered events spaces like a quarter mile scenario, motor karna, circuit race and many other basic but fun triggered events when two or more players activate it.)

Problem being I want to instantiate a unique player prefab from an online asset bundle LoadFromCacheOrDownload, that is not a registered network prefab... and has been generated months after the Mobile build.. what is the basic method to make this work?? have i overlooked some documentation. Is there a simple way to handle this.

I assume the work around would be to network lnstantiate a "assetbundle downloading handler" which then attach's network scripts. When someone joins they get an array of assetbundles/player ids to download looping through each using the "assetbundle downloading handler"... or do i have this all wrong??

Any advise would be great so I can start with good foundation that doesn't fall apart
    Cheers

Some dev photos the simple assetbundles

2. _dmzl_

_dmzl_

I am facing the same problem... Anybody found the solution?