Search Unity

AssetBundle with FBX file

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by orkungo, Jan 11, 2018.

1. orkungo

orkungo

Hi,

I have a download manager that gets the content from FTP as AssetBundle and opens it on runtime. I know I can not distribute scripts if they do not exist on the deployed but I need to distribute FBX files that do not exist on deployed version as prefabs and open it at runtime? As I do tests, an FBX file can be about 90mb and when I bundle it decreases to 12mb but I am not sure if the AssetBundle will also include the original FBX file as well.

Do AssetBundles also contain original FBX files if they include meshes from them?

2. Brathnann

Brathnann

If you are using the Assetbundle browser, when you add stuff to the asset bundle, you can see what files are included. It will add dependencies if it detects them. Plus, it will show you the original size of all files included, which is really nice as well.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/93571

3. orkungo

orkungo

Yes I use Assetbundle Browser, it is really efficient. I am just curious if the original files will be delivered with all materials and textures? Since on my tests, bundled lightmaps are not working as they should - they are just dark after download but in editor working proper. Then I wonder maybe it is because of the materials on meshes are not bundled correctly even though I can see them on the browser.

4. Brathnann

Brathnann

I know we have bundle models in one of our projects and they worked fine. They always include their materials and textures.. I have not tried lightmaps bundle though, so I'm not certain how they would behave though.