Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AssetBundle dont play skeletal animation on Android

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by tesaedigital, Mar 21, 2022.

1. tesaedigital

tesaedigital

Hello, i´m having this issue with assetBundles, i can´t figure it out. It just happens on Android. When i´m in the editor and load the assetbundle in my main app the animations work fine, but when compiled to Android it don´t. More specifically skelletal animation, other animations work fine.

If i import all the animation assets ( that are build in an other project) in the main app, aparently it works fine but if i clear this assets from the main project the 2d skeletal animation from the assetbundles stop working. The problem is that i dont want the main app to be so big with all the assets, i want to avoid a "scalability" problem in the future.

I want to know if this is a common problem and if there is another way of avoiding it instead of havind all the assets in the same project.

thanks
    Augusto

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Such problem is a symptom of code stripping removing too much. Are you using il2cpp?
    The simplest way to resolve a problem is to ensure that all feature that you use in asset bundles are also used by main app. You can create a scene that you never show to user and use such type of animation in that scene, then it should also work when loaded from asset bundles.

tesaedigital likes this.
  3. tesaedigital

tesaedigital

Thanks, i never thought of that. But now i get it (yes, i am using il2cpp) I´m gonna try it!

4. tesaedigital

tesaedigital

Just to give a feedback, its working. Thank you for your help!