Search Unity

[Asset][WIP]Next Gen AK12

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tiny-Man, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Working on an AK12 for Unity Asset Store for a price of 0 bucks, free :) Going for a next gen feel.

High poly is now done and updated OP. Hope you enjoy Sorry for noise ;/
    Will be working on low poly some time soon.

Remember I will be releasing this for free, so I hope you enjoy it so far.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    XCO, TheSniperFan and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. Patico

Patico

Hmm, you forget about textures, it's such kind of pictures placed on the mesh
    ;-)

3. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

I have no idea honestly what you're talking about. This is the high poly, which im going to bake down for AO, curvature and normals which i'll base my textures on...
    Appreciate your concern for textures but they will be there in pbr i promise ;)

4. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Back with some more renders ;)

Please ignore noise ;) didnt want to spend too much rendering.

John-G likes this.
  5. John-G

John-G

Looking good.

6. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Hey hey hey, high poly is done. Hope you enjoy Sorry for noise ;/

Remember I will be releasing this for free, so I hope you enjoy it so far.

7. John-G

John-G

That is fantastic looking, what modeler are you using.
    Just starting to learn 3d with modo indie.

Can't belive your giving it away free.

8. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks pretty sweet! how do u bake the high poly to low poly? i never got the hang of that :)

9. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Consider it a gift to the community :) Also being a portfolio peice it isn't much use for it lying around on my computer is it ;)
    Its all blender so far, altough I will be using xnormal, photoshop and substance later on.

To bake normal, AO and curvature map I use Xnormal cos its free and pretty dang powerful. Important part of baking is to have the seams and edges setup properly otherwise you will get artifacts, seams and artifacts. Then once the low poly is ready and UV'd I explode the mesh with the high poly and than create a cage.
    When baking you either want to a) use a tesselated mesh to reduce average vertex normal projection or b) bake 2 maps one using the cage and one using no cage and in photoshop combine to remove all the projection errors.
    Polycount wiki has some good stuff to read.

Mister-D and John-G like this.
  10. John-G

John-G

Will you be texturing with PBR in mind?
    Edit : never mind spotted you said you were doing PBR above.

11. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Ok guys I got another cheeky render, also throwing around some design ideas for portfolio. Also did some cleanup on the highpoly.

A friend of mine had quite a good idea on how I might approach this asset. Pretty much the base gun is completely free. You'll get the model with textures and all for free. Than alongside that i'll release maybe an extras pack/ expansion pack, which will contain some russian sights, a silencer, forward grip and some camos for around 10 or 15 dollars. The extra pack is mainly there if you want to pimp your gun out more and also show some support to me hehe :p
    If that goes well maybe I can release more free content.

Martin_H and John-G like this.
  12. John-G

John-G

Will you be supplying all the extra textures like normal AO etc for those that wish to use it with PBR applications like substance painter to do own textures.

13. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91

What about attachments? :) looking great so far :)

14. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Being a portfolio peice that im giving out I'd prefer that everything to be done with me and stay like that, hope you understand. I will make some base variants though.
    Attachments will be added in an extension pack with a variety of camos made for the gun. In the base asset, attachments wont be incuded.

LazyPoet91 likes this.
  15. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Sorry of the delay in posts, quick sneak peak of normals. Will upload more later tonight when I've baked AO and stuff.
    Rendered in unity 5 of course...

16. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Ok new images now

manpower13 and John-G like this.
  17. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Blocking out material values for the weapon, gonna start some procedural detail next then handpainted.

Hopefully I'll release this free asset this month.

Mister-D and John-G like this.
  18. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Some texture progress. I'll say that texturing is probably my biggest weakness in art and stuff although I hope to improve with this and future peices. This is the second time I did the textures for the main painted metal material. I scrapped the last one.
    So focus on the main body material, not the plastics please :p, I've done the albedo for the metal, roughness is still WIP just needs a few more details although the main part is there. Also have been messing around with lighting in unity see if I can get somethig nice looking.

Also an in editor image so you can see what it looks like without all the colour correction and stuff.

Dreamaster and John-G like this.
  19. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Cheeky picture, textures nearly done just finalising some things and then i might upload this week :)

Maybe ill add some colour variants too.

20. brute-

brute-

Looks awesome. Someone needs to put this in their game so we can see it in action :). Only comment I have is it looks a little too clean. Maybe add a scraped up, battle-worn skin?

21. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Well it's not all too clean, just the barrel doesn't have too many scrapes and such. I might add a bit more. Reciever has some beaten up on it.

Real life things don't get too beaten up and stuff. And you're meant to look after your guns as well not let them get ruined :p

I do plan on adding some more dirt on it though :)

Thanks for the words though :)

22. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Good news everyone! The gun is done and prime for upload :) Tomorrow I will be uploading to the asset store and will have to wait a few days until it is accepted but in the mean time have some promo images ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) There will be more to showing only 2 just now...

Also new juicy layout for portfolio things :)

Rendered in unity 5 of course, assets used in the rendering - Scion and Flow Fire Games Super Sampling
    Enjoy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: uploading to imgur butchered the image quality :(

Mister-D likes this.
  23. TheSniperFan

TheSniperFan

Wow, this looks amazing! :eek:

One question: Will the project files be available too?

I'm asking because I'm currently in the process of learning 3d modeling (Blender, xNormal & Substance too, funnily enough) and there are some things I struggle with.
    In particular I want to have a look at the topology of your high poly model and the UV layout of you low poly one. These are the two things I have the most problems with.

I don't quite know how to add details like these without ruining the topology, getting tons of ngons and artifacts once I bake the normal map. The reason I want to see the UV layout is because, while I don't really have problems unwrapping most models, I never know if the end result is good or not. Having a high quality example would help as reference.

georetro likes this.
  24. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Your wish is my command,

Pretty much I subdivided it then boolean + edgesplit. Fast and it works.
    You can see the normal map layout here.

Shouldnt be hard to identify what is what on it.

TheSniperFan and Mister-D like this.
  25. TheSniperFan

TheSniperFan

Wow, thanks.
    Regarding the UVs:
    I can only spot one side of the grip and the magazine. Are the other sides sitting in the same place mirrored?

26. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Magazine, most of the stock, handguard, triggerguard,grip , ejection port cover are all mirrored. Pretty much you dont need them as seperate UV's and thus don't need it to waste space.
    Probably also smart to mirror the upper reciever as well.

27. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

While waiting for it to be accepted to the store I went ahead and made some camos for the expansion pack.

Tigers

MP-ul, TheSniperFan and John-G like this.
  28. MP-ul

MP-ul

When will this be added to the asset store?

29. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

When they approve it :p it's been waiting for approval for over a week now :(

30. hopeful

hopeful

The asset store often slows down during Unite (and such things), and it takes a while to catch up.

31. simfreak

simfreak

I've been waiting 2 weeks for approval for my stuff.... My first submission here and I am hoping I got everything right, especially after waiting this long.

32. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man