Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset vendor propose paid service for solving issue, should I be pissed ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OthmanT, Mar 23, 2018.

1. WillNode

WillNode

Many devs in my region won't look into paid asset store because it's in dollar and it's a common word that US$ is expensive. I like what neginfinity said, it's an advantage if someone can reverse that.

But yeah, even If hate to say this, I do agree with all of you said. Forget what I said before, it's a joke tbh :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. zoran404

zoran404

If 1 dollar is worth 0.80 euros and 1 euro is worth 1.23 dollars than that means 1 dollar is worth 0.98 dollars.
    Thus we just made money worthless and all the asset store assets are practically free!

WillNode and Ryiah like this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

You could try having different tiers with different levels of support. Support for paid upgrades were added to the store not too long ago and nothing prevents you to my knowledge from having a way for people to upgrade from one tier of asset to another. It's a far better alternative in my opinion to simply adjusting everything according to GDP.

WillNode likes this.
  4. WillNode

WillNode

And that's actually what I look into. There's a dilemma between charging for support and people who rant because they're charged for it. I need data from someone who already doing it, so that I'm not sacrificing my rating.

5. WillNode

WillNode

Or maybe it's a straight bad idea so just head to plan B (up the price) to solve my own problem :oops:

Hmm. Never tried it before but IMO it creates more problem than it solves.