Search Unity

Asset update is very slow

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hgulgen, Dec 17, 2018.

1. hgulgen

hgulgen

Hello guys, When I change a script, Unity respond very slow 30 sec -40 sec sometimes , My project is almost 10 gb, and there are 1844 scripts. I'm using assembly files and separate script folders. I'm designer and I can not solve this problem any idea , tips or solution ? My cpu is i7 -4770K and unity version is 2018.3 latest version. It is very diffucult to work like this, When I change something , I wait long time :( Please share knowledge about your experience. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Sounds similar to the experience I had after separating my project into many Assembly Definition files:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/does-anyone-use-assembly-definition-files.585262/

I had to revert all of that work, because the Unity Editor becomes incrementally slower with each assembly definition file you add. I've reported this as a bug, but I've never seen an official response from Unity on my why this is the case. In my experience, it makes liberal use of Assembly Definitions infeasible.

My recommendation: After backing up your project (or I assume you're using version control, so you can always revert...) try deleting all Assembly Definition files, and see if that does the trick. Maybe that can't be your long-term solution, but you can at least start by confirming whether that's the heart of the issue.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. hgulgen

hgulgen

@dgoyette Ok Thanks. I also will try this option. There is no another choice :) I tried to deep profile but I couldn't understand what is saying and what is the problem cause.

4. hgulgen

hgulgen

I try to delete folders then realize , There are a lot of empty folders in my project , I clean them and now it is better performance, I think when I change something , Editor search all folders. This take some times. It is better now but It still is not perfect. I will update more here If I find usefull information , for next generations.