Search Unity

Asset Store

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by blackcat73, Dec 14, 2018.

1. blackcat73

blackcat73

I'm a noob to unity yet the FPS sample provides a good resource for me, thank you. But could you make it on the asset store so you do not have to clone it of github? I do not understand why not.

2. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

I think its because its still a work in progress, I am not sure if they update assets once released on the store?

3. T5Shared

T5Shared

Maybe also because it is too big? While it's possible and normal to update an asset on the Asset Store, I think the new version is a full download again. Which for an 18 GB project isn't practical. Perhaps?

4. blackcat73

blackcat73

But how can i get it from github into a project

5. Krueg82

Krueg82

You can download the project as a zip file. There is a green "Clone or Download" button on the GitHub page. If you click that button and choose the "Download ZIP" option, you can download the sample project as a regular zip file and then just extract it and open it in the Unity Editor

6. Krueg82

Krueg82

Nevermind, I didn't see this note:

IMPORTANT: This project uses Git Large Files Support (LFS). Downloading a zip file using the green button on Github will not work. You must clone the project with a version of git that has LFS. You can download Git LFS here: https://git-lfs.github.com/.